Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Nova Scotia Canada. I hit a deer the other night with my 2000 2.8 4motion wagon. I had it hauled to the VW Guru here in the Annapolis Valley. I am a musician and starting this weekend we are flat out for the summer, doing shows in the Maritime Provinces and flying out west a few times...what I am saying is I need my car. Today they tell me I need a Rad, and rad support, fan clutch assembly w bracket, fans. They say I should have the timing belt done while the front end is off. So I am torn between buying another car or fixing this one but like the mechanic said, I could get it all done and the tranny might go, or anything else.
I would Love to put used parts on it but there isn't any around here...we tryed everywhere. I looked for another car with the bottom end gone or something like that but it's just not here. If I could get the parts used I'd be all over it but buying the parts new I'm looking at around $1800 or more. Anyone have any suggestions?

I thank you in advance...I LOVE that car but it's getting old, and believe me if I could afford to get a newer one I'd do that but not now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to tell you what I need for parts. I need a Rad, Rad support, Fan clutch assembly, has to come with everything..bracket, surpentine belt..thanks again. By the way my postal code is B4P 2N5 If you ask about shipping to Canada, you'll need that

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I think this site has a "parts wanted/for sale" section, try to post there.
I can see shipping being quite a problem, these parts are pretty big and heavy... I am not even sure how Canada custom works and if it will cost more...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Well the first thing to do is compile a COMPLETE list of the parts you need with VW part numbers. Be sure you are getting the correct parts for you car year, model, engine, transmission.
This part look will help you with that. VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT [PA] (USA) 2000 [Passat 4Motion]

Then you can look on Ebay, it seems just about every Passat part is available used there. I however would not put a used radiator in the car. You can get a OEM non-VW part for not too much money.

Another good source is ECS Tuning. Volkswagen Passat B5 FWD V6 30v - ECS Tuning They will have several options of the same part made by different manufactures, so sometimes you can save 50% going with a non-VW part but it is an OEM part and will work just fine.

Now if you want VW parts try 1stvw https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html they have very good pricing and are very helpful if you give them a call. If you send them your list along with your VIN# they will make sure everything is correct for you car and give you a price.

Ok, on the timing belt service. How many miles are on the car? how many miles has it been since your last timing belt was done? If it's less than 80K and everything is in good condition you can wait and do this a bit later. The cost difference of doing the timing belt service now or later will not be that much. As long as you are not due or Over due for the service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts