Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Put me in the list !!!

I just got used to it. I have had that feeling of spending four hours washing/polishing/waxing/etc the car, and 3 hours later the car is again dirty, especially in the summer.

I like the "Meguiar's Swirl Mark Remover" and the rest of Meguiars products for this situations.

Luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
California Car Duster

julianfang said:
I've found that my California Car duster does wonder with removing all the pollen, especially after a wash and wax. When will they ever learn that they can't procreate with my car?
U know the California Car Duster is great to remove pollen. Everytime I use mine I always get little spots like there is something on the duster. Any ideas on how to clean it. I was always under the impression you couldn't.

Wood

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
As much of a PITA it is to keep the black clean though, but Jesstzn is a PERFECT example of why I bought the black. Except I'm finding more and more swirl marks every time - I clean with a sheep glove, and sop up the major water w/ a shammie and then the rest with a towel.

How well does that Meguiers stuff work? Is it a wax/polish?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: Garaged up

woodster76 said:
The GREEK said:
If you dont keep a black car garaged, its DEFINATELY a pain to keep up...and yes it does get scratched up, ESPECIALLY BY CATS!
Garaged up isn't a problem. :D It's just everything else thats the problem. :cry:

Wood
how about in a carport with two cats with muddy paws walking the length of the car, yes just grinding that dirt into the paint, and sliding down the hood :lol: :cry: forget racing stripes, i have racing-hairline scratches :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car is InkyBlue and i personally think that this color is even worst in showing all those nice little scratches. My car is one year old and i already can see more scratches on it then on my fiend's Black Golf which is 5 years old :mad: !

So the bottom line next time a buy a car it is going to be White :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
When I was shopping for my '98 (in '98 ) a friend said: "Get a black one".
But when I was touring the dealer lots, in July, ALL of the dark colors were too hot to touch - literally!

I don't keep my car in a garage & I didn't want to cook the interior. :nervous:

I had heard how hard it was to keep a black car (as well as a white one) clean. I fell in love with and got Nebio Blue. :thumbup:
(I also wanted a black interior and preferred a contrasting exterior color.)
I was able to keep my hand on this color without getting burned by the NJ July heat.

** But it seems to me that VW uses a fairly delicate paint. This is my first VW and I'm disappointed at how easy it is to damage this paint. Am I the only one???

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
U know I never thought I would say this but I wish I never bought a black Passat. Although I love my Passat, I am now starting to hate "black". Am I the only one that everyday seems to find another scratch? I knew black looked great clean and would get scratched but I never thought.... Next Tuesday I am scheduled for a professional detail. I am a very avid washer and waxer of my Passat as many of you have probably seen from my previous pics, so there really is no negligence on my part and I only buy the best for my B5. But mark my words I will never buy a black car again! A VW yes, but a black one no!!!!!!!!

Wood
i feel your pain, mine was a preowned company vehicle, so many scratches are on it. i will buff it for now and later in life give it a sand and clear.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
julianfang said:
Quit complaining! I don't have a garage, it's parked outside and it goes through winter like this :lol: :

And I still LOVE my black car.
And that's when nobody steals his assigned parking space! :suspicio:

/karl

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I owned a black car once... ONCE! I will never again go through the pain and suffering that it takes to keep a black, or even a dark colored car, clean and flaw free. You get scratches that you can see from yards away and the swirl marks that you have to buff out too often, it's just not worth it. Black and other dark cars take a ton of time to keep clean and looking good, they look their best at dusk or at night. If you don't have a garage, I can't even begin to imagine the work that goes into making your ride look good. I only buy light colored cars now, Silver, in my opinion, is the best color you can buy to hid dirt, scratches, etc..

·
Registered
487 Posts
I really have no complaints with black. I'll never buy black again, just because I have to work harder to keep it clean, but that California car duster works wonders between washes. I just hate long trips because I have to spend a half hour with a bug removing sponge on the front end! And that's even if I put the bra on!

Overall I'm still very happy with my car, but one black car in a lifetime is probably enough for me.

I just found a Tennessee V-dub car club, and I may be one of the first B5 owners there. I've gotten lots of compliments on modding a car that isn't done very often.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Light colors are the way to go...

I just recently sold my '98 sedan which was Reflex silver, and got a super sweet 2004 5-speed wagon (also in reflex). I waited a long time to find the right car, and I had my choice of black and dark blue ones, but they get crazy-hot in the sun and the dust and pollon shows ALL THE TIME.

I like the silver for all of the above reasons, but I have to live with it being "a little too poplular". :suspicio:

How is the dust problem on Silverstone Gray? (would have been my first choice)

·
Registered
777 Posts
I love that color (silverstone), I should have ordered one, but I'm really happy with my new wagon anyway.

My first mod on it will be to tint the windows.

I saw a really nice royal blue B5 sedan with silver-metalic window tint all the way around the other day here in Milwaukee.

Sharp, very sharp! :thumbup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Black is a great color but yeah it is annoying that it gets durty so often!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: DAM BLACK CARS!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wink: :roll: :p :p

21 - 39 of 39 Posts