Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2000 B5 (1.8, Tip), will now begin the never-ending mod journey. I'd like to make it quieter and would like to know if anyone has heard of a diesel hood pad for this model. I installed one on my 89' GTI and am very pleased with the results. I bought the Bentley manual, no help there. I will also use Dynamat wherever possible. Thanks to all of the many who make this an outstanding site.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I recently took my pad off completely and I noticed almost no increase in noise. It made me wish I'd never had it on, it doesn't seem to do anything. So conversely I have to wonder if a thicker one would really make a difference?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys.
T. G. Roberto - No, no pad on current belly pan, thanks for the idea, I'll look into this. Do you have a recommended (euro) source (site) for parts such as this?
RechtsFarhern - I noticed a pretty significant decrease in unwanted sound (valve chatter, belts) when I put one on my 89' GTI 16V. I don't mind engine noise, but about the only downside to these cars is the sound they make IMHO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T. G. Roberto - thanks, no luck at the listed sites, I'll see what some stateside dealers can do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
hitsolid
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing