Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is off-topic a bit. I signed up for this through a link from VW that my cousin had forward to me. I will have to leave my car at the W Hotel in Westwood near UCLA and take the Phaeton at 7 AM. It's due back the next morning at the same time. Will let you know what my impressions are. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I recently got inside one at the Nashville Auto show and it is impressive. This one was black with a camel colored leather. The interior is unbelievable. As far as paying 75K, I don't know. There was a BMW 745 that had a line to sit in it b/c it was so awesome! I think it listed @ 69K.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I did it last week. Was pretty awesome 8)

Got the W12 for a 24 hour period. No hassle, great time. Fantastic car but lots of money :cry:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up the car

I got to the W Hotel a half hour early and had to wait for the VW rep to show up. They were a little late getting the car clean and filled with gas, but I didn't care. He gave me a choice of V8 or W12 models. I naturally asked for a W12. They have 3 V8's (silver on black) and 4 W12's. The one I have is black (the piano black color which costs 2 grand extra) with tan interior and is loaded with every option (heated/cooled seats, power trunk close/open, parking distance warning system, etc., etc. ).

I drove the car back home to take my daughter to daycare and have the car here with me at work. I wish I had taken the day off to just drive it around. The VW rep was nice as can be and told me to drive it as much as I like and make sure to bring it back with an empty gas tank. They just asked to make a copy of my drivers license and took a few minutes to show me some of the many features this car has and I was on my way.

The W12 engine is fantastic, smooth as butter with a nice growl at full throttle. The car feels like a midsize sedan from behind the wheel, but the backseat is huge. The trunk is on the smallish side for a car this size, but that's a bit nitpicky. The interior is fabulous, but some of the buttons for the navigation and radio seem a bit out of step with the price tag. Also, the key fob is exactly like a $15K Golf. I will drive it some more during my lunch hour and plan to take my wife out to dinner tonight.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Re: Picked up the car

I test drove one last weekend. Here's a tip: When you want to launch like a rocket, turn off ESP, put it in tip mode and press the parking brake when you're stopped. Just before you want to go, give it a little tiny teeny weeny bit of gas. Then release the parking brake and floor it at the same time. WHOOAAAA NELLLIIIEEEE!!!! Hang on to your shorts because you may leave it behind.

I miss the W12 :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wrote up a bit of a review and took a bunch of photos in case any one is interested. I'm still waiting to hear of anyone taking their Phaeton on a longer 24-hour trip than I did.

http://phil.photosite.com/Phaeton/

·
Registered
318 Posts
How do you get to take a 24 hr test drive? Is their a credit check? i would love to test this car. But i really doudt they will let me, since i am only 18 :thumbdow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts