Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is involved to throw on '00+ S4/A6 2.7t front brakes on a '99 1.8t?
Is it a direct swap or is there different spindles involved?
Much thanks!

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Cracker said:
So what is involved to throw on '00+ S4/A6 2.7t front brakes on a '99 1.8t?
Is it a direct swap or is there different spindles involved?
Much thanks!
you need S4 front:
calipers
disks
caliper carriers

thats it.

or you could do the A8/TT upgrade which is easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NJRrado said:
ya, you need at least 17's, and have to be careful of the offset with these brakes.
I'm planing on A8 18" monoblocks, so maybe the A8 brake setup is best for the wheels I want to run. And please someone who has the A8 setup verify this, I just don't want to go on "from my understanding".

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Cracker said:
I'm planing on A8 18" monoblocks, so maybe the A8 brake setup is best for the wheels I want to run. And please someone who has the A8 setup verify this, I just don't want to go on "from my understanding".
i have the A8 setup with TT carriers. my oem audi 16" rims fit over this setup. these are my winter rims, for the summer i have 17" which of course fit over.

as for your choice of 18" monoblocks, those are heavy rims, which will easily slow the car down.

here is what 17"s look like over the A8/TT upgrade:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have the A8/tt setup and it was cheap (relative to brake upgrades) and easy. Having the extra stopping power (and good pads) is much much nicer. Here they are just installed last year. I have 18 x 8.5 BBS rims:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
WHAT! No pretty yellow or red calipers. :biglaugh: Just kidding. It's nice to see pictures of brakes that haven't been attacked by the AutoZone paint kit.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
scirocco78 said:
WHAT! No pretty yellow or red calipers. :biglaugh: Just kidding. It's nice to see pictures of brakes that haven't been attacked by the AutoZone paint kit.
lol, i was going to paint mine black...but then i remembered theyll get black on their own...lol!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
modifiedA4 said:
as for your choice of 18" monoblocks, those are heavy rims, which will easily slow the car down.

QUOTE]
That's okay, cuz' I think they'll look a-okay on the green "woodie" wagon this spring:crazy:

But I may get a great deal on these...

Thanks for the parts list everyone!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
87stuna said:
UH, yeah I'd go with those Porsche rims, even if you don't get a great deal. One of my personal favorites!
the only thing i dont like about the porsche rims is how on one side of the car the spokes are facing the rear, and on the other, the front. they're better than the monoblocks to be sure though :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts