Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to passats so i don't know much about suspension kits and stuff like that....

basically i want to run 19's and i want to know how much i can lower it w/o rubbing.... i want as little daylight between the wheels/fender as possible :cool:

what suspension would be best... i'm thinking springs/shocks but also considering coilovers

pics too if you have them

*****this is a 98 wagon

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
All of these pics are with Neuspeed Sport springs with ECS front coil sleeves and a lot of extra weight in the back from the stereo. You'd sit about a quarter inch to half inch higher without the weight and front coil sleeves. Normally to run this low you'd need coilovers.

·
Registered
977 Posts
All of these pics are with Neuspeed Sport springs with ECS front coil sleeves and a lot of extra weight in the back from the stereo. You'd sit about a quarter inch to half inch higher without the weight and front coil sleeves. Normally to run this low you'd need coilovers.
Pic whore :lol: Where are the new pics?

CW,
One of the big things you will need to look at is the wheel width and offset. If you have the correct width/offset you can get your car low enough to even tuck the wheels into the fenders.

If you go 7.5 or 8 in wide and a 35mm offset you can get away with going really low. Wider rims or stagared setup 9's in front 10's in the rear you might have to be a little more carefull on hou low you go.

QS has had a large selection of wheels and suspension setups so has a good idea of what works and what doesn't.:thumbup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
TEXAS wagon

I am running Bilstein PSS9's w/ 19x8.5 and 9.5 on the rear.

Back only rubs on large dips with a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I don't even have these wheels anymore, but hey, it's whoring (even when its an old pic..lol...and not a wagon...but they are 19s)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Bilstein/HR setup running 19x8.5 all around, no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
^^

Mmmm...BBS.... :D

So if I get 19s for my W8, I can just use H&R lowering springs and another brand (dunno which one yet) shocks right? I need to know b/c I might be buying a set of 19s from a member here soon...like in 24 hours... :lol:

:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts