Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, did not see any previous threads about it so I thought I would ask. Is it possible to keep my factory 6-disc changer, AND install a phatnoise MP3 player? I would love to be able to play my MP3's but at the same time I have alot of cd's that I am just to lazy (I'll be honet) to rip the music off of. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I would like to keep the sound system as stock as possible, minus installing the Phatnoise player.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i dont think it will work considering the phatnoise plugs in to the car through the CD-changer plug in the trunk. unless there is a way to tap the wires and replicate it? I dont know, any electrical people have more input?

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
i dont think it will work considering the phatnoise plugs in to the car through the CD-changer plug in the trunk. unless there is a way to tap the wires and replicate it? I dont know, any electrical people have more input?
I'm sure you can install a multiple contact switch but , why do you need a changer for ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am just lazy, I have tons of CD's either store bought or made by myself and or friends and I dont really have the time to sit around all day and night and rip them to my audio library on my computer. Do you think a switcher would work with the system?

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
I am just lazy, I have tons of CD's either store bought or made by myself and or friends and I dont really have the time to sit around all day and night and rip them to my audio library on my computer. Do you think a switcher would work with the system?
yeah absolutely . I think a 12v multiple contact relay would do the trick. so you can have the realy in the trunk and pull only a 12V wire to the dashboard to switch between the power the relay and switch from phatbox to changer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts