Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and salutations.

Ok so first post but I am here because I am hoping to do something awesome, to me any ways hopefully some of you will agree. I have a 2001 Passat V6 5 speed. I love this car but she has some miles, the suspension is a little floaty at this point. Some other issues that are managable right now but its a band aid at this point if were being honest. I love her, but she's just my back and for the to work car right now. Basically, I took a solo snowboarding trip and realized I need 4wd... knee jerk reaction a truck, or a subaru. I drove the 15 sti, liked it. Drove the 11 wrx limited and LOVED IT. yes, I was surprised as well. It was just more fun to drive, felt fun. That pull last longer and rolled on harder.. any ways. Owned an 04 , been an AWD lover ever since. I told you that, to tell you this. I'm not spending 25k on a car right now, I'd rather save and get something beastly in a year. What I would like to do in the meantime is find a nice swap for the passat. I want 5speed and AWD. Interested in options on suspension and breaks as well. I basically want to restore the soul of this car with an AWD platform. I'm looking for something STURDY, road trip worthy, snow worthy..

I know there are some Audi Swaps you can do, some 4 motion vw swaps... BUT, has any one done a wrx swap, or a evo , skyline? I mean I don't want a 1000 hp dragster, but some thing fast ( Id prefer boosted to supercharger), sturdy and fun with a snowboard rack and me behind the wheel not giving fucks about scratches.

I know you guys know your ish, so I'd appreciate some feed back, maybe point me in the right direction. I'd like to start pricing stuff out here pretty quick and have this ready before I need to turn on my AC this summer.

Cheers,

·
Registered
46 Posts
For starters I can't help you at all. But my questions why would you waste your cash on this? Browse your classifieds and by a passat wagon with 4 motion. Or splurge now and get your new Awd. Just seems foolish to spend any cake on a Frankenstein project. Good luck whatever you do

·
Registered
26,831 Posts
You basically would have to cut the bottom of the back half of the car off and weld in a new floor to do it right. Start with a 4MO body and swap everything still good from your car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You basically would have to cut the bottom of the back half of the car off and weld in a new floor to do it right. Start with a 4MO body and swap everything still good from your car.
i would also highly recommend you go the route he is suggesting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts