Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: over the weekend, I took a road trip about 90 miles one way. Before I was headed back, I added about 1/3 quart oil because the engine oil level was little low. After about 15 miles on the road, I got a CEL. I stopped by the Autozone, and they said that I have a P0432. I had them clear the code for me, and I was headed home. After I got home, I changed the oil for the car, and I fill it up with about 6 and half quarts of oil (i have a v6). This morning, CEL came back up again :mad:

Questions for you guys: Is it normal that if my CAT have gone bad, but the CEL doesn't come up after few days of clearing the code, or should it come up right the way? Is there anything else I should try first before I bring the car to the stealership?

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's possible that it's not the CAT itself that's bad, but O2 sensor.
If you can get warranty repair - let dealer handle this. Double check oil level before dealer visit. Overfills do cause CAT to go bad.
If it's past warranty time I'd try switching sensors between banks (if so possible) to eliminate faulty sensor. And if it's indeed CAT - look for free flowing aftermaket alternative for performance and savings.

Good luck

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I called the dealership today, and they told me if it's the CAT itself, it will be covered under the emission warranty. So, I guess I will just take it down to them and have them check it out. Anyone know if the O2 sensor will be covered under the emission warranty as well? Also, how long is the emission warranty, I am the second of the car, does it matter?

Thanks a lot,

Dillon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
RechtsFahren
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing