Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car seems to be serging when i have my chip on .the boost pressure will fluctuate and i can feel it in the peddal. now is this a chip problem or an injetor problem or a turbo problem. please help me out not sure how to proceed with this
thanks cass

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you check the n75? what am i looking for with the diverter sticking? how will i be able to tell?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I've never had the N75 go bad, so can't help ya on that one.

The divertor valve could be sticking, but more than likely the diaphram has a crack in it and is inconsistenly holding boost pressure. Just run down to the dealership tommorrow and pick up a Audi TT diverter valve (its a bit stronger) and make sure you get the Bosch valve. Cost around $30. Very simple to change.

I would say from past threads on surging, its usually the N75. IIRCC

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Check all your vacuum hoses, especially the one thats L shaped at the side of the intake manifole closest to the firewall. Thats a popular one to break in out cars, and it fixed my problems.

·
Registered
237 Posts
to check the N75 you can vag and check for an open circuit and you can use an ohm meter to check the resistance. I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head for specs....but it's in the bentley if you have it, if not I'm sure some of the smart guys will chime in....

sorry i'm not much help

-Kristofer

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
IIRC, surging can also occur from pins shorting on your chip. How long have you had your chip? Maybe one of the pins on your chip are dirty. If you have a removable chip, like the GIAC ones, clean the tips with an eraser, but do not touch them with your hands. Be careful not to bend the pins either. Any static discharge from your body can damage electrical systems without any signs.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a GFB dirverter valve already. My chip is almost 2 years old. It's an APR 91 octane, I don't know if it's removeable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.