Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
420, 500 and 550 hp. wow. do they include strengthened drive shafts too?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
They should, considering how many axles Scuba has broken w/ his APR chip.... :lol:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
heh have you looked at the cost? for the price of the 420 hp upgrade you could just trade your b5 in and get an S4 with Stage III turbokit making 420ish . . . but with AWD so the power can be put down a lot better.

Dave

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
looking at other stuff on the site...

Could you imagine a 420hp/374lbft tq Beetle?
That way you can get away fast when all of the Honda tuners (decal appliers?) laugh at you.

Then again, at a grand total of over $50k (car and mods) I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
This coming from the company that said it had made a 1,200 hp Mk IV that dynoed at 587WHP... :suspicio:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
stealthx32 said:
They should, considering how many axles Scuba has broken w/ his APR chip.... :lol:
Piss poor design for OE joints. Ive gone through 2 sets... and only on the passengerside. The drivers side axle has been great over the 6+ years of ownership and 107k miles. One of the failures was before I even got chipped. :p

Dahlback is crazy... Oh well.

·
1st Gear
17,567 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
stealthx32 said:
Piss poor design for OE joints. Ive gone through 2 sets... and only on the passengerside. The drivers side axle has been great over the 6+ years of ownership and 107k miles. One of the failures was before I even got chipped. :p

Dahlback is crazy... Oh well.
For that kind of power....for that kind of money.....whey better make sure that wheel bearings.....control arms amongs other things are updated. Titanium axels would be a must!!!!

Without that....."incomplete kit"

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I'd lay money that you need to divide that claimed hp by to to find the real WPH...

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
At the ND show, I saw an intake manifold that they had designed for the 1.8t. It looked serious, and they guaranteed that it would put an equal charge of air into each cylinder.

Fourteen Hundred Bucks. No Thanks. Not a cost-effective mod. But it looked really sweet...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.