Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on a freeway and a brand new silver RS4 rolled by me... so I caught up to him... damn that car is nice, it looks better in person than in any picture..

I was trying to wave to the guy but he just ignored me, I looked like some sorry ass ricer. I was driving a '96 purple neon with paint falling off and leaking exhaust. Since someone decided to smash windows in my Passat :(

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
A local shop just put a miltek exhaust on one. WOW!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw a brand new black one with a euro front plate on my commute a few days ago. Beautiful car, very nice. I was going to give the driver a thumbs up but he didn't give me the impression he gave a shit about his ride. Funny how it often works out that way...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i rode along in an rs4 at the audi streets of tomorrow event a few back in atlanta. professional driver on a short autocross track with me riding shotgun - what a hoot! that thing can really scream, moreso in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing.

if any of you guys have an opportunity to do this event, it's well worth it. i test drove a Q7 on the street, rode in an rs4, and autocrossed a TT (little disappointed), an A3, and an A4.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
We have 1 as part of our car team. It is incredible car. The engine and exhaust note is incredible.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
There's a black RS4 that lives around the corner from me. I need to stop by and intro myself :)

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
i rode along in an rs4 at the audi streets of tomorrow event a few back in atlanta. professional driver on a short autocross track with me riding shotgun - what a hoot! that thing can really scream, moreso in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing.

if any of you guys have an opportunity to do this event, it's well worth it. i test drove a Q7 on the street, rode in an rs4, and autocrossed a TT (little disappointed), an A3, and an A4.
Echo of Gecko and I did this event too. We chose to autocross the A8 ;)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Sirs :cool:
My brother in law ownes the old one, chipped,420 hp´s.It´s like riding a motorbike with a roof :) .Last mod he did was fitting an LPG unit, because gas had become so expencive.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
There's a rich kid on campus here that drives a grey one. Sexy ride. Though not as sexy as the kid who drives around the 996 Carrera 4 on HREs. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
872 Posts
We have 1 as part of our car team. It is incredible car. The engine and exhaust note is incredible.
Yeah. Seeing one is not half the experience. The sound is incredible. I was in a parking lot last week and I heard one come around the corner and freaked. It may have been the same silver one that you saw. 60-ish guy driving.

I rode in two at the Streets of Tomorrow event. Amazing car. Brakes are killer too.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Watching it pull on you and hearing that unique not is great.
If for 1 reason, the engine is worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I used to think the R32 had the perfect exhaust note.

The RS4 engine/exhaust combination blows the R32 away.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Yeah, the TT doesn't handle very well. It feels like a giant boat. I was a bit intimidated to take some turns at 20 or 30 in my moms TT that I normally take at 30 or 40 in my Mazda3. The TT has better gearing though so it does a better job of pushing you into your sweet.

And how I miss the sweet turbo whine :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts