Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to know which wire on the B5 headlight switch harness is one that has...UPDATE

Constant AC power (of course only when you turn on your key to turn on the cars power).

As many of you know, I'm installing a electrical boost gauge and I need to power it up in order for it to work! I have already wired it up for the light to come on but the needle doesn't move because it needs AC power in order for it to work, so somebody please tell me which wire on the headlight switch wirring harness has AC power going thru it!

TIA, mrgreek2002.:bowdown:

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was just told to do! I just called my local indy mechanic and he said that it would be stupid to take apart your fuse box and possibly fry your ECU when you can just hook it up to your battery!

Therefore, I will go now out to my car and hook it up to the battery!

Thanks!

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, guys thanks for the info! So earlier today I hooked up the wire from my electronic boost gauge to my battery but the gauge still wouldn't work!!! I was like, WTF?!?!?

Does anyone know why it still won't work? Do I HAVE to install some kind of Fuse onto the wire or something? OR maybe I have a bad ground?

TIA, mrgreek2002!

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D.Passat00 said:
why not just hook it up to the 75x?

Ok, thanks, I'm going to Canadian Tire right now to pick up a size 10mm part to unscew the 75X nut off so I can install my wire there. I will post back later on tonight if I made the gauge work yet or not, Thanks!:thumbup:

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Chip: APR 91 Octane (stage 1)

Alright, I went to Canadian Tire tonight and bought the 10mm tool I needed to unscrew that nut on the 75x terminal. I then proceeded to unscrew the nut and install my wire on the terminal. I then screwed the nut back onto the terminal and pluged my battery wire back onto the battery, then I went in the drivers seat and entered my key in the ignition. I turned on the power (not the engine yet just the power) and guess what? THE FREAKEN NEEDLE FINALLY MOVED TO POSITION "0" PSI!!! I WAS AMAZED!!! IT WAS ABOUT FREAKEN TIME!!! (Spent the entire day trying to get this gauge to work!!!)

I then turned on the engine and went out for a half an hour just cruzing around Toronto, I did find some roads where there were no cars on and really slammed the gas pedal to see what boost my old turbo was creating, it was neat that I am finally able to see in what kind of condition my turbo is in. Through several WOT take-off from 0 Km/h, I have determined that my turbo is simi dead. I only reached 12 PSI once the whole half an hour I was driving around and I was trying to reach the 12 again or even go higher but my turbo wouldn't produce that high of amount of boost ever again.

Anyways, Thanks for all of help everyone! You are the BEST!!! I couldn't have done it without you all!

Later!

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are a couple pics of my new 1999.5+ B5 center console install and my new boost gauge that I just installed today! :thumbup: My car originally had the 1998 center console style, which only had 2 Din Slots and a Cubby at the bottom. This console has 3 Din Slots and no Cubby. I LOVE this 1999.5+ center console so MUCH! It Rocks!!!

Thanks Again To Everyone That Posted To Help Me Out!!! :bowdown:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts