Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

I need to delete the ABS and SRS systems, help?

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  CheapyB5 
#1 ·
I installed the drivetrain from a 2000 Passat into a 73 Porsche 914. I swapped the dash, steering column, engine, tranny...

I need to figure out a way to remove the ABS and air bag system from the instrument cluster so I don't have to listed to the alarms.

I do have a Vag-Com but Ross Tech says they cannot remove modules. Do you think a VW dealer can flash these out? From what I read in the factory service manual, If a new cluster is programmed in, the service tech needs to code for all the modules installed. Maybe they could flash without these modules?

Any ideas?

#14 ·
wont work, he is running a 2000 setup and if i remember right he kept the DBW so the cluster swap to the older one will cause more issues than just an ABS light.

its been awhile since i have gotten deep into a DBW programming but i recall there was a way to get into ECU to delete the ABS and prevent the code. give me a little bit i will see what i can dig up, but unless you have the proper cable and program to read/write the eeprom in the ECU you will have to farm this out to someone else once you figure out what needs to be done.

#12 ·
Well, I have all CEL's eliminated except the ABS. Looks like the ECU (01), channel 125 is holding the code. Coding the Instruments to 00000 cleared the SRS CEL.

VW has login codes to turn on/off various functions in the ECU. I can find login codes to turn on the ABS but not OFF. I'm guessing this code is not published to the public. Has anyone ever seen a list of login codes? If I can figure out the correct login, it should be easy. But inputting random numbers is NOT an option.

#16 ·
I really, really want to do what you are doing to my 2000 passat. I really dislike ABS and Traction control and don't want them back, but those lights and the inability to check other things with that display might drive me to just fixing the module. Could u PM me if you find a solution? Much appreciated if possible.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.