Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old B5 had:
Stock Alarm
Prestige Alarm (after market)
Engine Kill switch
4 Hella Horns along with the 4 tone alarm from the Prestige

I wanted to include anti carjacking features such as swords that hacked off ankles if anyone remembers my issues from 2004. Anyway I am looking to put an another after market alarm on another Passat (B5.5) because the stock alarm is a joke. I liked the distinct sound of my Hella Horns whose tone separated itself from everyone else 4 tone alarm.

If anyone has any good ideas let me know.

I liked the alarms they talked like "back the f** up" or "warning!"
LED indicators area a good deterent too

·
Registered
537 Posts
get a sports steering wheel that can be take off and locked. that is the best deterent, how the fuck can some punk steal you car if there is no steering wheel?

you should order the auto tazer, which you can get for about $250 online, its scary becuase it can hurt you and sparks at night when someone bumps the car.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
get a sports steering wheel that can be take off and locked. that is the best deterent, how the fuck can some punk steal you car if there is no steering wheel?
With a tow truck. In any case, I don't think these come in airbag models. I'll take an airbag over preventing theft any day of the week.

you should order the auto tazer, which you can get for about $250 online, its scary becuase it can hurt you and sparks at night when someone bumps the car.
Please tell me this is a joke. Using violent means of protection to merely prevent theft of personal property is illegal. (If you yourself are in danger, you can do pretty much whatever you want, subject to the weapons laws of your jurisdiction.) If it ends hurting a thief (not "hurt" as in "ouch", but "hurt" as in "nervous system damage"), you both end up in jail. If it ends up killing a thief, you could end up in jail for a very long time. The Tazer I assume it is based on is most certainly NOT a harmless device...

SirWired

·
Registered
181 Posts
With a tow truck. In any case, I don't think these come in airbag models. I'll take an airbag over preventing theft any day of the week.

Please tell me this is a joke. Using violent means of protection to merely prevent theft of personal property is illegal. (If you yourself are in danger, you can do pretty much whatever you want, subject to the weapons laws of your jurisdiction.) If it ends hurting a thief (not "hurt" as in "ouch", but "hurt" as in "nervous system damage"), you both end up in jail. If it ends up killing a thief, you could end up in jail for a very long time. The Tazer I assume it is based on is most certainly NOT a harmless device...

SirWired

·
Registered
5,404 Posts

SirWired
What he said.
ANyone who would ever consider this in any common law country would do well to read Bird v. Holbrook.

·
Registered
582 Posts
viper - - this is the one i have http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_responder_sst.asp

auto start, full security protection, and most of all has an extended range (pretty damn far too) which which beep and vibrate your keychain if your alarm goes off so even if its parked down the street from your house and someone tries to break in you will know and you can run out there with your 9 mm ;) i got it for 500 - installed - with autostart and the extra module our cars need with auto start. dont pay more than 650 [installed] and dont have dumbasses install it. oh yea built in turbo timer too..

·
Registered
5,514 Posts

they can just bring a sterring wheel with them :/

i agree with what everyone says. if someone wants your car they will take it..

just think smart..park your car where there alot of people..dont leave it in parking lots for long periods of time especially at malls. Also if possible when your at home sleeping Keep your car Garaged. So its nice and safe :)

Im so happy that my car stays in the garage each night where i know its safe :)

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
i must have that taser.....

(it's not harmful, it just runs the same way as those novelty toys. must touch two points to complete the circuit.)
sends a small enough charge to make your hands jump off.
if someone is trying to steal your car, adn gets injured, if the window is broken, and they manage to SIT in your car, it's their ass. not yours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts