Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greets all, new to the board but not VW's (9 or 10 at least). i just got a 2002 B5.5 V6 Wagon and im looking to get some springs for it, to be honest, im mostly worried about getting the maximum amount of drop. also, i'm hoping to get a few good tuners websites who have more passat stuff. any help would be awesome, thanks in advance. :thumbup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KW variant 2 coilovers =$1500
bilsteins coilovers =$1800
weitec =$1700

are u 4motion?

thanks for the reply but i'm looking for springs only, not coils. i'm not sure just yet what direction im going with the car so i'm not gonna spend $1500+ on coils only to find out they aren't right for me. ( height, rubbing, ect.) the springs will help the 4x4 look for now.

anyone know if i can use the springs from another passat model? it can be hard enough to find wagon springs, then the V6 makes it even worse. not to mention most of the info the websites offer are half-assed translations from some foriegn langauge, so trying to see if they fit my car can be a bitch. i know sometimes they are the same parts, just slightly different spring rates, which might work out for me because it seems the "wagon" springs seem to offer less drop than the sedan versions.

any more info would be awesome. and no, it's not a 4 motion. :thumbup: '02 b5.5 V6 GLX wagon :beer:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out these sites: www.ecstuning.com www.tirerack.com www.neuspeed.com

If you want a good 1.5" drop H&R sports and Neuspeed sports will suit you well.

Also make sure you get a good set of shocks to go with the springs, just putting on the springs might seem like a good idea now but trust me it won't once you put them on.
yeah i'm not gonna worry about the shocks for now cause i do want to get coils a.s.a.p., the crap ride will make me wanna upgrade sooner. but for now, i HAVE to do something about the 4x4 status.

and yeah i just got a response email from ecs, from what they say, they do not carry springs for my car. neuspeed doesn't have 5.5 wagon listed in their car selection box, and doesn't list anything for the wagon in the B5.5 suspension area, they all say sedan and nothing about wagons.

tire rack has h&r's but i'm gonna have to send them an email and make sure i can return them with no problem if they don't fit. i find it kinda weird that tire rack is gonna have them no problem when i have had a bitch of a time finding them at a bunch of "VW" tuner shops. :confused:

thanks again. :D

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Yeah that sucks, just go ahead and take a torch to the springs you have now. Quickest and cheapest way to lower a car. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that sucks, just go ahead and take a torch to the springs you have now. Quickest and cheapest way to lower a car. :D
yeah no joke, i was thinking i might have to. :biglaugh:

but the more i search and think about it, the more i'm convinced that i could prolly use a set of springs from a 1.8t wagon. of course as long as the cars are the same suspension wise. most of the time the V6 springs will just be a little stiffer than the 4 cyl. models. we'll se i guess. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts