Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed KW2 after I installed them and lowered my car I began hearing a jerking sound at the front of my car when I hit a dip. One thought I had is to cut the bump stops on the front. But I am not sure if this is solution to my problem. What do you think? I think since I am using original bump stops on a front they are longer then they should be.

Thank you

·
Registered
301 Posts
that sounds possible... i just installed FK highsports on my passat, they came with their own bump stops which were a lot shorter than the stockers. maybe try raising the ride height on the coils to see if that gets rid of the noise (i think by raising the ride height, the shocks wouldnt compress as much) good luck. btw- you do mean kw variant 2's, right?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NJRrado said:
that sounds possible... i just installed FK highsports on my passat, they came with their own bump stops which were a lot shorter than the stockers. maybe try raising the ride height on the coils to see if that gets rid of the noise (i think by raising the ride height, the shocks wouldnt compress as much) good luck. btw- you do mean kw variant 2's, right?
So when you installed your FK, they came with bump stops both front, and rear right? Cause I think I am missing something. I have bump stops for rear but I dont have for the front that's why I am using stock ones. Yes I mean KW variant 2.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,665 Posts
turbochargedb5 said:
I don’t know why you are experiencing what you are.. I ran KW V2’s dropped about 5” up font and 4.5” out back and NEVER had a problem. Also ran them @ different heights with no issues.
I would double check your install and make sure all is tight

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Salty D said:
turbochargedb5 said:
I don’t know why you are experiencing what you are.. I ran KW V2’s dropped about 5” up font and 4.5” out back and NEVER had a problem. Also ran them @ different heights with no issues.
I would double check your install and make sure all is tight
I removed them twice, checked everything twice, same problem. Are you using original bump stops on the front or KW bump stops?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I have the KW V2's and am using the original hardware for the top assembly, which is what I assume you are referring to. No problems with noise from them and I have had them LOW!

Can you post a picture of the part you are referring to?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i used stock bump stops all the way around with my Kw v2's and have had absolutly no problems. I called to make sure i shouldn't cut my bump stops and they said absolutly not. My car is 1.5" to 1.75 " lower and i have had no problems

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
coloradob5 said:
I have the KW V2's and am using the original hardware for the top assembly, which is what I assume you are referring to. No problems with noise from them and I have had them LOW!

Can you post a picture of the part you are referring to?
Yes you right I am refering to top assembly I dont have exact picture. But to be more specific its dust boot and bump stop, thats where I am using my original bump stop.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jeffsu350 said:
i used stock bump stops all the way around with my Kw v2's and have had absolutly no problems. I called to make sure i shouldn't cut my bump stops and they said absolutly not. My car is 1.5" to 1.75 " lower and i have had no problems
I just called KW, and tech. guy told me I should use KW's bump stops cause if you using your own bump stops you missing dust boot, which is not very important. All I concern is the sound.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Are you sure that is where the creak is coming from? Mine do not creak, but my springs do compress all of the way and it just may be that the paint on the springs is creaking since it is a paint against paint rub...

How long have you had them on? I would give them a week and see if they still make the noise. If so, take them off and inspect them to determine if anything is wearing abnormally.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Also how many miles are on your car, it could be something else suspension realated that is creakin, maybe the lower car make your ball joints, or cv joints, or some other suspension componet that was about to go, go, or just creak because it is worn in the stock heigh pattern. another option would be to get the rest of your suspension checked

maybe have someone push on your car (up and down) while you listen to see where the noise is coming from

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
coloradob5 said:
Are you sure that is where the creak is coming from? Mine do not creak, but my springs do compress all of the way and it just may be that the paint on the springs is creaking since it is a paint against paint rub...

How long have you had them on? I would give them a week and see if they still make the noise. If so, take them off and inspect them to determine if anything is wearing abnormally.
Thanks for your replies. My KW is about 1 year old I had them for about 3 weeks on my car. I wish its a paint on a springs, but its something else, I cant understand exactly what. I removed shocks twice inspected them everything is prefect. And they still make this jerky sound.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jeffsu350 said:
Also how many miles are on your car, it could be something else suspension realated that is creakin, maybe the lower car make your ball joints, or cv joints, or some other suspension componet that was about to go, go, or just creak because it is worn in the stock heigh pattern. another option would be to get the rest of your suspension checked

maybe have someone push on your car (up and down) while you listen to see where the noise is coming from
Thanks for replies too, thats exactly what we did someone push my car (up and down) and sound was coming from the front. I have 2000 Passat its 38.000 miles and I just replaced two axles, then my mech. checked my car we didnt find anything wrong. But maybe you right maybe I have to check my cv joints.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
turbochargedb5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing