Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a VW but my brother does and i think that they could be the nicest cars out there right now. Currently i am driving a piece of shit 1990 Pontiac Sunbird. Well its an automatic and it stalls frequently. My friend told me to buy some fule injector cleaner and i did but it still stalls......Can someone tell me whats wrong with it? :(

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Pontiac Sunbird? get a real car dude...

what a piece of shitbox you have

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
See you in Anything Auto...

Check your plugs, fuel filter, distributor cap or ignition module. Get it scanned, OBDI might show something. Could be an O2 sensor, PCV valve, EGR valve...

Need more information on the symptoms like cold start and then stalls or while driving it just quits.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to have the same symptoms with my 87 Cutlass Ciera GT. (Don't laugh...it was stuffed with a 3.8L motor and went like hell.) My fix was a new ECU for about $400 and that was back in 1990.

With me, if I quickly shifted the car into neutral before coming to a full stop I could prevent a stall. Had to drive that way for months before I had the money for the repair.

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
AlexR
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing