Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the front rotors on my wifes 99 passat - it is an early year model. The rotors will not come off. I have bentleys(sp) manual and have followed their directions. Have used wd40 and looked for the philips head screw I have read about - no luck. The replacement rotor does not have a place for the philips head screw. I am at a stand still. I appreciate any help..

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
they should come off really easily. after you remove the wheel and caliper, and all of the caliper hardware, the rotor should slid right off. you might need to wiggle it some, but when i was doing my suspension and removes the calipers, the rotors wanted to fall off just from gravity. :???:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
It might have built up some rust from behind, as this happened to my on the Golf, give it a good whack from behind with a rubber mallet and see if you can get it to break free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It finally came off.... Some PB blaster and a cats paw on top. Three pulls and it literally popped off. Thanks for the info.

Alan :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Alanj
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing