Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i crash my b5 saturday night when i was getting home and i did brake the oil tank under the motor (i dont know the name o guys call ) and i lost all oil of my motor .the front of my car is too low and i run over on the sidewalk i dunno how i did this but i did and now i need help to fix to get the parts can u guys help ???

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I encourage fixing your car yourself if you are mechanically handy. If you are unsure of what parts of your car are, I'd recommend purchasing a Bentley repair guide to do the maintenance. The hardest part is getting started, but utilizing ClubB5 and a Bentley, I'm sure you can get it running fine again.

Good luck

·
Registered
302 Posts
pretty simple fix actually. just did mine not too long ago V6 also. a cheaper haynes manual will do you fine with this repair if it is a b5 not b5.5 not sure they have one for the newer cars. anyway i got the oil pan and gasket from the deal i think it was alittle over $100. I did the job with a little help from my father I am very inexperienced my father is a weekend DIYer. so you should be fine if you have a little experience working on cars. do you have a belly pan? if not you might look into getting one. course if you destoyed your oil pan you'll pry need a new belly pan anyway. let me know if i can be of anymore help... maybe I have been none so far.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.