Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My radio will not unlock from safe mode. Things that lead up to this were that the battery was not connect for alil, replaced a securtiy system and interior lighting fuse because it was blown out, the radio will not take or except the correct radio card code...anyone have ideas or suggestions? 1999 Passat 1.8t

·
Registered
19 Posts
Weird. When I did my iPod install the other day, and reconected the battery, it gave me a prompt for the security code(which i don't know if I even have, I've only had the car around a week and a half) when i turned the ignition to the first position to test the iPod hookup.

Frustrated, I started the car up to see if anything else was going on, and then the radio miraculously worked!

Bizzare things have been happening when I disconnect the battery.
I had a CEL(MIL) on when I bought the car, but it was from a dodge dealer so they couldn't check it, so I had the stipulation that I will be getting it to a mechanic for the 80k and if there are any serious problems they'd deal with it.

Regardless, when I reconnected the battery, the CEL was gone and has yet to appear again.

I assume you've been driving the car, so my miracle cure probably won't work for you.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
My radio will not unlock from safe mode. Things that lead up to this were that the battery was not connect for alil, replaced a securtiy system and interior lighting fuse because it was blown out, the radio will not take or except the correct radio card code...anyone have ideas or suggestions?
What year is your car? Are you inputting the code correctly? I have a 2000 and my radio automatically come out of safe mode when the power is interrupted. I also believe others with 1999s have had their radios come out of safe mode automatically.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you have to leave the car radio on for a while i think it was like an hour or so but if you leave it on it will come out of safe mode and you can put your code in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts