Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have an indigo blue b5.5, for some reason everything looks "weird" to me on this color... maybe it's just me :p

I initially wanted to tint everything, tails and bumper lights. But then I'm kind of iffy on the whole deal now.

Should I....

-have Jonboy tint EVERYTHING?

-Leave the tails as is and get the CLEAR bumper lights from Cullen?

-Leave tails and get the bumper light smoked?

ahhh i'm sooo torn guys, help?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you all think of this look?

my friend's jetta....

I dunno, there's just something with the indigo blue that makes tinted aspects look funny.... but does the clear stand out too much? or should i just leave it all alone :p

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I think that the clear os okay for a jetta, but would be a little too much for our cars because all of the chrome. I say tint everything. If you are going to do it, do it all the way, you know. I have an I. Blue B5.5 and have my tails and side markers tinted. As soon as I can get my bumper lights out I plan on doing them too. I was really hesitant on whether or not I should tint my tails, but as soon as I did I have no regrets. Pictures of tinted tails on our cars does not do them justice.

Thad. :shock:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the tinted look on black but something about it being on blue just doesn't sit right with me..... maybe I'm just being a brat hehehe but I want all of your opinions... thanks Jesstzn for your help! :thumbup:

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
baisee .. maybe you should wash it .. might not be blue after all .. hahahahahaa :poke:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Christina: I tinted my lenses in the early days; it was dark and I agree, it sort of doesn't look right on a dark car. On a silver car it looks great. A smoked front lens would look good and maybe just a light tint on the back. I think JonBoy can do them both. I sort know how but I decided a long time ago to leave it to someone that "perfected" it. (I did it 3 times and I still wasn't happy so it's back to being simply red.)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
baisee00, It sounds like you're afraid that clear will stand out too much, and that the black may not sit right. So why not just paint it body color (Indigo Blue)?

I have MB and painted my bumper lights body color, and I think it looks better then if I would've tinted them black or bought clear ones. :drink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
PhatRabbitzz
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing