Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this W8 for sale on FB and I am seriously considering buying it.
I figure I have so much fun maintaining my 2.8 that I should graduate to an even more fun engine.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
:p
For $3500 it's a no brainer.
We'll talk about your mental state when you get 3 W8's in your corral. :whistle:

Reactions: Airkewld38

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts
Ugh, autotragic and a sedan? Pass.

Reactions: AndreasPassat

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
And what's wrong with a sedan?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As much as I would prefer a wagon and manual trans, I don't want to wait for something that may never appear, especially at this price. I'll ask about any maintenance history, then decide if it's worth my time to go look at it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yay, we all have the same mental defect! Looks pretty clean, same interior as mine!

Anyway, buy it.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Much smaller trunk than a FWD sedan.
That's the obvious answer. I was really looking for some kind of jab from VAGguy about how the wagon is better than the sedan, which we all know is not the case. :cool:

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts
That's the obvious answer. I was really looking for some kind of jab from VAGguy about how the wagon is better than the sedan, which we all know is not the case. :cool:
Nothing wrong with a sedan.

As a second car. You really need a wagon on hand at all times.

Reactions: AndreasPassat

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Nothing wrong with a sedan.

As a second car. You really need a wagon on hand at all times.
That's why I own a 17' box truck. Covers everything a wagon can do and then some. :p

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts
That's why I own a 17' box truck. Covers everything a wagon can do and then some. :p
It's not just that it can hold a lot of stuff, it just shows off my elite status as a Wagon owner. I am even in a Facebook group called "Wagon Elitist Jerks" 😁

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
You got me there. A 17' box truck doesn't quite qualify as elite. As a matter of fact I think it probably puts me into the white trailer trash category. :LOL:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the jury is still out on my mental status - the W8 was sold before I got a chance to see it.:mad:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
It's not just that it can hold a lot of stuff, it just shows off my elite status as a Wagon owner. I am even in a Facebook group called "Wagon Elitist Jerks" 😁
Forgot to ask, being elite and all, do have a butler named Smithers?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Well, the jury is still out on my mental status - the W8 was sold before I got a chance to see it.:mad:
Can't dilly dally around with these things.
After missing out on member srdavis W8 a few years back I purposely created a slush fund for just this type of thing.

·
Registered
28,457 Posts
Of course, there's better visibility with a wagon and more importantly, better f/r balance which leads to better handling.

Reactions: VAGguy
1 - 18 of 18 Posts