Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but im still having trouble finding a few things. maybe im not looking hard enough, but i gotta take off for school soon so ill just ask you guys here.on my 1999 V6 passat (82k miles) i dont have an owners manual so heres my questions ~
the passenger side high beam is out, is there a part number for replacment?
what is the right gap size on my spark plugs and what is the stock brand?
how much oil does the car take? what type of oil is best?
how about filters (air, oil, fuel...) what brands are best?

thanks and im sorry if this is a 'newbie' post.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
As far as engine code - you almost certainly have an AHA (there is a sticker in the spare tire well that will tell you for sure).
At 82k miles, you should probably have the timing belt (TB) replaced - as well as the tensioner roller, water pump, etc. (ECS-Tuning sells a complete kit).
Oil capacity (with filter) is listed as 1998: 6.0qt, 1999: 6.3 qt, 2000 - on: 6.5 qt.
I always took my 2003 GLX 4Motion to the dealer for oil changes - at 50.00 they have the correct filter, oil, new drain plug/washer, and do other checks.
NGK's (BKR6EKUB - .063" gap) are the "stock" plug - I replaced mine at 40k miles with Bosch Platinum +4's. You can use the stock air filter (Mahl or Mann?) - cheaper on line at 13.00 (about 22.00 at dealer) or go with the K&N reusable, which is more expensive.
As far as bulbs: Hi beam is H1 12V 60W (if you have fogs - H4 12V 60W/55W)
Low beam is H7 12V 55W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts