Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'd put it on the lower corner on my windshield (driver's side) like a badge! 8) Something no bigger than 6 x 3 inches. CLUB :b5:

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I think the corner of the winshield id a ggod idea too, not showing too much but still there. i like the rear quater window but i would feel that i have to put one on each side :oops: , i'm not sure :crazy: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i think The Greek was working on stickers, and they were supose to come out in a month or so. some people talked about making their own stickers, but it was decided that the stickers should represent CB5 as well as help suport it finacially. It seemed like everyone wanted to give money back to the place that has helped them so much. i will wait for authentic CB5 stickers to come out to help ensure the longevity of this amazing site.

i encurage everyone else to do the same

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
count me in if we get some!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think The Greek was working on stickers, and they were supose to come out in a month or so. some people talked about making their own stickers, but it was decided that the stickers should represent CB5 as well as help suport it finacially. It seemed like everyone wanted to give money back to the place that has helped them so much. i will wait for authentic CB5 stickers to come out to help ensure the longevity of this amazing site.

I'm totally down with that... where can we find out more info? I there a thread?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
RAH and I have been going the route of making our own, apparently RAH got permission from Atomicalex to do this. I personally have tried time and time again to get The Greek or somone else on the club B5 site to tell me when stickers would happen. The only sticker I heard about was a front window sticker (huge), not the small corner window sticker that we all want to do. I still have not heard anything regarding these so the idea that it is a month out seems hard to believe, but if someone can show us a link I would be more than happy to wait it out for the official sticker. Our idea is something in the range of a 6" x 3" sticker. The only problem for us is the cost of doing this is high considering that we aren't trying to make these to sell in large numbers but just enough for our local group to post on their windows. I would love to make a ton of these for everyone but the hassle of selling them would be insane. RAH and I don't want to make any money, just recoup are expenses.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Get the quotes and let us know how many stickers would be necessary to get them for a reasonable price. Remember, you can start a thread on GB for club b5 stickers. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
vwpwr said:
Get the quotes and let us know how many stickers would be necessary to get them for a reasonable price. Remember, you can start a thread on GB for club b5 stickers. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested!
I hear you, the only problem like I said is we (RAH and I) were only trying to do this for our local guys that we see, the idea of buying a ton of these stickers and then selling them would be tough. I don't want anyone at Club B5 to think that we are trying to get over on them, I just really want a sticker on my rear corner window to show my club logo. The amount of time and effort to sell, say 500 of these, seems like a lot, at least to me, maybe RAH has some input on this so I'll contact him if he doesn't chime in here soon. The hassle of collecting money (cost of the sticker and mailing only), and then having to send these out all the time could be overwhelming. I hate the idea that everyone has do this on their own, I really wish the Club B5 higher ups would jump in and take this over on a larger scale, but I'm just not sure that's going to happen. I'll see what we can do, maybe contact Atomicalex and get her take on all that is transpiring here.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think a guy that works with me mentioned once that he has a friend that makes custom graphics (stickers) for cars. I'm going to check into it as well... I should find out something by wednesday (I'm working 12 hours everyday, bear with me). I'm really interested, and I don't think the moderators would mind, as you mentioned before, you're not trying to use the club to profit from it. We're just trying to show we're b5 owners and proud members of this club!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Exactly! The problem is getting a someone who is really goo in Photoshop to redo the Club B5 graphics. The vendor I use through my work that does this kind of thing said that the logo and all would have to be made bigger to get better detail. RAH had a great idea that I loved, maybe a little more money but a cool idea, he wanted to make up different colored stickers. Basically the whole background would be clear and the Club B5 logo would be in white the way it alwas is, the only difference would be the colored section around the B5, you could make multiple colors... red, blue, siver, green, etc... Seemed like a cool idea but again, it might be a bit too expesive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
32 Replies
18 Participants
The GREEK
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing