Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So don't say nothin' about that, 'kay? :p

I went and registered my car at school today and thought, "New shoes ... new scenery ... NEW PICS!" So I tried the best I could under the time constraints (read: daylight) to follow all the things I learned in photography class ;) I guess they came out alright. :thumbup: / :thumbdown ?

I would just like to say that the move from 17s to 18s has been very smooth. As far as firmness or harshness, everything feels exactly the same as the 17s. Overall, they feel a LOT better. But then I've been driving around on a bent wheel and cupped tires forEVER. Oh man is it nice to have round wheels again.

Okay, okay the pictures, geez ...!

First the old ...

... and the new!

^Suh-weet!

^5 seconds after I got out of my car, these guys launched for aerial bombardment, if you know what I mean. Luckily, the wind
was blowing in my (and my car's) favor. *sheew*

-fin-

I'm glad I got to do a shoot before starting the semester. I'm gonna be putting on a bunch of miles this coming stretch to graduation. I only hope the Passat holds up through all the miles. Thanks for lookin'! :salute:

... And the reason I only have one center cap is because I had to special order that cap from VW (non-returnable), and I wasn't totally positive that it would fit. Well it fit, and now of course three more are on the way ...

:sleep:

·
Registered
518 Posts
hyde i've always really admired your car, but i hafta say i kinda like the look of your old wheels better. i'm actually lookin to get a pair of those for winter wheels next year.

but i'm not sayin the RS4s are bad, esp since i have a pair :D

and i love that color, i'm jelious! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Hey that looks awesome! I loved the look of your old set-up and your new one! Did you get a respray on your car at any point? If not, that is one of the cleanest looking B5's Ive ever seen.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
prada spec 2 ultimate summer tires :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ultimate all season tire ... in Florida at least ;) I absolutely love them!

hyde i've always really admired your car, but i hafta say i kinda like the look of your old wheels better. i'm actually lookin to get a pair of those for winter wheels next year.

but i'm not sayin the RS4s are bad, esp since i have a pair :D

and i love that color, i'm jelious! :thumbup:
Last I checked, you had two pairs :poke: :lol:

The old wheels definitely had things going for them—large triangular negative spaces, classic five spoke design (with cutouts that somewhat resembled S4 wheels). I thought long and hard about getting the 18" version of the same wheels, too. Ultimately though, even with the closeout prices offered on Tire Rack for the AT Italias, I couldn't refuse the deal I got on these RS4 DTM replicas. And they weigh less too. Truthfully, I was in a bit of a shock when I first saw these on my car, but I love them so much now that they've been on for a few days.

Hey that looks awesome! I loved the look of your old set-up and your new one! Did you get a respray on your car at any point? If not, that is one of the cleanest looking B5's Ive ever seen.
I'd love a respray; the hood's got several chips, and the rest of the car has lots of miscellaneous scratches here and there. In these pictures, it's all original paint.

:sleep:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
everytime i see your car, the thing is squeaky clean. what is the secret. the color looks great, everything flows really well. very moddest appearance yet the car still makes a stance. i also like the wheel size without the drop. i'm all about going low, but you have changed my opinion with seeing your car. well done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts