:cry: Once I move into our condo, I won't be able to hand wash my car :cry:

That's gonna suck :(

Maybe there's a nearby power wash car wash :???:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DrivinAJetta said:
Are you moving out of town or moving within the Boro?
I'm moving to Franklin Park. Society Hill III. Not my first choice in location, but hey, we found a good deal. And the way today's market is, we couldn't pass it up. I wanted to be in Hillsborough, but this is close.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NoneRock said:
I have to drive 30 mnutes to my Mom's house just to wash my car.

It is a real pain in the a$$
Whoa! :eek: 30 minutes just to wash your car? I guess I would do it too if my car was still in good enough shape. It has over 110k, and I am thhe 2nd owner, so the paint is not all that great.

One thing that's good is that I won't be dealing with a muddy driveway once I move :thumbup: So hopefully my car will stay cleaner longer.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O22Ripper said:
looks like you have to make friends with someone who has a hose....

"Hey Im Trlyka, nice to meet you, have a hose?"
I don't think anyone has a hose in the condo world. :crazy: I just don't get it :???:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
speedracer329 said:
i always wash my own car too. i dont think it is worth it to pay $15 for a wash...
My middle of the line car wash in town is $10. Not too bad if I use it once a week. I usually stop and dry it and spray it with Final Inspection after I come out, but the water sits in the mirrors and splatters all over the side as I drive :roll:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where are you moving to? Maybe they'll have the self serve Jammies? 2 bucks for 5 minutes!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Get a five gallon bucket and fill it in the shower. It'll take three trips, one to rinse, one to soap, and one or two more trips to rinse. viola ! After the neighbors see you tell them its twenty bucks for a wash and make some dough on the side. :)
Or get a super soaker for the high pressure version, or maybe water balloons...etc. use your imagination, the possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GibbsB5 said:
Where are you moving to? Maybe they'll have the self serve Jammies? 2 bucks for 5 minutes!!
What's a "Jammie"? Only thing I could think of is a self serve power washer.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MattinPismo said:
Get a five gallon bucket and fill it in the shower. It'll take three trips, one to rinse, one to soap, and one or two more trips to rinse. viola ! After the neighbors see you tell them its twenty bucks for a wash and make some dough on the side. :)
Or get a super soaker for the high pressure version, or maybe water balloons...etc. use your imagination, the possibilities are endless.
I can't carry 5 gallons by myself (bad back). My BF might do it for me :roll: , but he isn't like me when it comes to washing the car. I guess if I did it at night, it wouldn't dry too much and I could wash it all at once and not need to rush worrying it will dry in the sun :???:

Super soaker would be great for in places like the mirrors and rims :thumbup:

Hopefully, there's a power washer place nearby :eek:h:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
18 Participants
trlyka
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing