Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Good Afternoon,
I have 2002 vw passat B5.5 with 14 fault codes that I need help with to see if anyone else had any of these issues. Any help is appreciated!!!

(Control unit 1) (3)
P0300 [intermittent], P1649 [intermittent], P0301 [intermittent]

(Control unit 3) (1)
P1848 [static]

(Control unit 17) (4)
00476 [static], 01304 [static], 01316 [intermittent], 01336 [intermittent]

(Control unit 19) (4)
01304 [static], 01316 [intermittent], 01336 [intermittent], 00476 [static]

(Control unit 46) (2)
01336 [static], 01333 [intermittent]

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,165 Posts
What are your symptoms?

It also helps to look up the meaning or description of each code for others that are willing to help. It takes a little while to look them up, so the easier it is for someone to offer the help you need, the better.

Reactions: Tomvw

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'd also clear all the codes and see which ones come back. AFAIK, many codes will stay present until they are cleared. Some 'self-reset' but many do not so you may be looking at codes that are years old and no longer relevant.

·
Registered
334 Posts
P0300 is a misfire in general. P03001 a misfire specific to cylinder # 1 which can be caused by the coil pack, spark plug, injector or coil pack harness. I would start by following Iowegian advice and go from there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When was the last time the system was cleared? It could have some old residual codes left over.

Also, when you first plug the reader into the car, the software looks for every option ever installed on that model.

If your car didn't come with that option, it will present itself as a fault.

You need to clear all the codes then run again. This will eliminate options not associated with your car, as well as clear old codes that may not have been removed during previous work performed.

You can view the time since last codes were cleared in the "Gauges" section. Scroll down to "Time since trouble codes cleared" and see what it says.

Welcome to the OBDEleven family. Very useful tool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts