Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
literally seconds away from taking it directly at 90k :( I was on the parkway and noticed and was like omg need to pull over, but as I was pulling over it went to 90,001 :(

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And yes you need to fill out the windshield washer reservoir.
already did that :lol: I hate that it yells EVERY time I turn the car on :mad: same for the gas fill up. I would like one beep when it first happens and done :bowdown:

·
Registered
123 Posts
literally seconds away from taking it directly at 90k :( I was on the parkway and noticed and was like omg need to pull over, but as I was pulling over it went to 90,001 :(
If your previous posts are any indication, I believe you've done a fair amount of work to your vehicle in the last couple of months.

If the work was well done and you are now more or less happy with the way it runs, then I'd like to think you will have many more enjoyable miles ahead of you. Enjoy !!

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,404 Posts
I hate that it yells EVERY time I turn the car on :mad: same for the gas fill up.
Better not to let the tank get empty. An empty tank has more space for the gas evaporates. Also more chance to get condensation or other junk at the bottom of the tank into the fuel filter. Another reason to fill the tank whenever gets at the half is that you won't feel it hard at the wallet.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better not to let the tank get empty. An empty tank has more space for the gas evaporates. Also more chance to get condensation or other junk at the bottom of the tank into the fuel filter. Another reason to fill the tank whenever gets at the half is that you won't feel it hard at the wallet.
I feel like I need a new fuel filter :lol: my mpg is lower so I think it's clogged, I used fuel cleaners after I had it changed :poke: :eek:h:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh I know it will be running fine, but I may spring for a new Passat before that :p
Now why would you consider getting a newer Passat after all the work you've done to the current one?

To me that sounds illogical, as you know how little you'll get for yours, given it's age. If you are happy with the way yours is now running then you should keep maintaining it and run the wheels off it.

On the other hand, "NEW" is always nice. ;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now why would you consider getting a newer Passat after all the work you've done to the current one?

To me that sounds illogical, as you know how little you'll get for yours, given it's age. If you are happy with the way yours is now running then you should keep maintaining it and run the wheels off it.

On the other hand, "NEW" is always nice. ;)
im going to try and guilt my biological dad I don't talk to I to getting me a new car or at least paying for half of it for my graduation gift :p if not no new car for me haha. I can get privately sold probably 4,000 dollars for it. :)

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Oh I know it will be running fine, but I may spring for a new Passat before that :p
Yet, therein lies a small problem...the newer Passats* VW is selling are only "different from", not so much "better than" the 1998 - 2005 Passats. You'll either need to accept a cheapening after paying the same price (for a B7) or open the wallet (seams bursting) and go upscale for a CC.

*I've been down that road a ways and I didn't like what I saw, maintenance cost wise.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts