Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to put some steering fluid in my 99b5 and then it said on the cap, mineral hydrolic fluid only. is this some different stuff or is it that just mean that the steering fluid goes in there. please anwser me back, i have to go to work early tomorrow and i dont want to put any(conventional) in, if it is some super high grade stuff (since i put only 93 octane in), and im really low. Thanks alot fella's

see ya at treffen fest this sunday des plaines IL

·
Super Moderator
14,171 Posts
You need special fluid. Best bet is to get it from the dealer. Normal power steering fluid will ruin your steering rack and pump.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ok, yeah sorry i was wrong. wrote it up to fast. god im glad i questioned it or i would have screwed up everything. my b5 did not come with a manual so i come on here to get the q's anwsered. thanks guys you really are the best

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah, I bought a bottle of it from the stealership. It is way too much for one car. If you want some, let me know how many oz and I can ship some to you. You pay shipping, of course.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just bought it but put alittle to much in so i will have to get a sphyin and seep alittle out of it.
it was 11 dollars a bottle and i thought i was very low but incase anyone desides to buy two bottles, DONT

i was almost dry, and i only used maybe two inches of the bottle.

thanks guys for the input

im going to flush my radiator soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.