Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving beside my wife and I noticed that the lowers were dimpled. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't had a chance to go by the dealership to check out the new cars. The lowers are painted if that makes a difference. :crazy: The dimples must be where the clips are.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
nice pic :poke: :poke:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
The nice thing to do when you do decide to paint your lowers is to just replace the 4 lower rubber panels on the doors. When the shop goes to paint these parts, they remove the caps. Removing them created the dimples because of the pulled inner plastic/rubber. If you replace the peices and get them painted BEFORE they are on the car, you can totally avoid this.

HTH,
Steve

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
DogWitaB5 said:
Nice lookin ride Spanky!
See, at least someone thinks my dimples are cute!

BTW, I was exit 7A off the NJ Turnpike!

Oh and Steve...I respectfully disagree. Initially I ordered new lowers when I had Liberty VW paint them. Reason being, I didn't want the months and months of silicone based shine products to interfere with the application of the paint. So, unless LIBERTY VW painted used lowers (with caps) and sent them to me, It doesn't add up.

What say you? :???:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Spanky McGee
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing