Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made it through an ice covered day in ohio with no accidents or real problems. at the end of the day stopped to get gas,
and my fuel door was iced over with some pretty thick ice (as was most of my car :thumbdown). so i hit it in order to break the ice
and open it up, and well...

...hope these aren't expensive

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats a lot of ice mate,just had a look on ebay here in the uk and they are fetching between £15_£25 second hand most of them

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone know where i can get a replacement one, that comes already painted? i've seen some online, but i'm not sure what would actually fit my car. its an '05 b5.5, would like an older passat fuel door fit it as well?

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
WOW.....were you holding a roll of quarters in your hand when you punched it? nice...

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,128 Posts
The EKTA part list shows 3B7 809 857 A, D, and E suffixes depending on the VIN and model year; but I think the distinction is back with the '98-'99 models. Anything from a B5.5 ('02-'05) would fit, I believe. New ones are supplied primed, BTW. For painted, it's junkyard time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i might try calling a few junkyards to see. but no i just hit it trying to break the ice, i didn't haul back and punch my car or anything, then one piece broke off, and i went to pull it open and the rest like fell apart. i'm assuming because it was so cold

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check some of the local salvage yards (ie. pull-a-part). The Ohio weather the past few days has been terrible. Hopefully it will be over soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts