Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF... So Chevy managed to squeeze in this tiny, itty-bitty electric engine somewhere into this over sized behemoth of a car, taped few bullshit commercials showing it in some woods being all green, and people buy into it! WTF? The car still gets a horrible gas mileage! 19-20 mpg highway? I don't car if its an SUV, it still sucks! ... (not to get flamed on... EPA gives numbers of 2WD 21/22 MPG and 4x4 20/20 MPG, but we all know how grossly over exaggerated EPA numbers for hybrids really are *cough* Prius 60mpg *cough*)

Here are few links to the good 'ol trusty MSNBC

This link calls chevy tahoe the best thing after sliced cheese. The car that will solve all problems in the world, so it absolutely deserves the "GREENEST CAR OF THE (FREAKING) YEAR AWARD".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21821695
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21822027/displaymode/1176/rstry/21821695/

And her is the link (also) from MSNBC calling the Volkswagen Touareg, the "Dirtiest" car of the year, giving it a green score of .... 14

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17006933/

But Touareg still gets better MPG's than Tahoe hybrid? WTF is up with that?

do I smell conspiracy or are people and media really 'THAT' retarded?

· Registered
2,059 Posts
well, the dirty Toureg is a diesel. So it gets knocked for green.

Hybrids are not "bred" for highway mpgs; they are much better for city. That's why a Tahoe gets 13 or so around town, and the Hybrid gets 20.

I dislike hybrids, too, but the facts are the facts. There is nothing else that big and powerful that can return 20 mpg in the city.

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't say that I particularly hate hybrids, I think its a technology with a lot of potential but with a lot of misuse from the industry. Most commercial hybrids today are nothing more than 'make-me-feel-good' technology. So people feel good about driving, but still wont affect packets of oil industry (that much).

As for diesel... Detroit is still bashing diesel because they cannot keep up with the rest of the world? they been spreading anti-diesel propaganda for the past 30 years.

also... I agree that there is nothing bigger and more powerful that gets 20mpg in the city. But why in the hell would anyone need that car to drive around the city?

· Registered
54 Posts
I'm kinda with you. However, one thing to think about is that the people who are going to buy a Hybrid Tahoe are people who were going to buy a Tahoe anyway. In that perspective, it is a step in the right direction.

Where I'm definitly with you is the bullshit out there. So many people buy into the BS and then spew it as fact. Then there is that sense of smugness that is apparently sold with the cars. Almost every Prius owner that walks into my store acts like a total douchebag. I usually don't talk to them about it but one in ten always manage to mention their Prius in conversation. These are usually the worst people. I've even had multiple people tell me that the Prius is the first hybrid car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.