Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually last week. I don't know if a "storm is brewing" or what, but I got this strange vision as I was leaving work Friday night. I was another typical late night of work and I was walking out the front door of our office building, anxious to get home. I had a particularly strong migraine that day and an ice pack and a bed would be a nice end to a long day. It was a cold night and I had forgotten to bring along a jacket. I didn't want to go back up to get it so I just sucked it up and started walking to the parking structure next door. Once I felt the wind blowing against me, my body tensed, making it hard to breath. The migraine that has throbbed in my head throughout the day found the cold wind refreshing yet my thinly protected body found the chilling temperature taxing. I wanted to run to my car but the addded wind chill put a stop to that in a hurry. My head began to pound as I neared the structure, the tension in my body now spreading up the back of my neck in the base of my head. What I wouldn't give for an ice pack and a bed.

I finally reached the stairwell of the open air parking structure and started my daunting climb upwards. One flight, two flights, three flights...why did I park on the roof? I'm no athlete and climbing the stairs on a good day would still leave me a little winded. With the biting cold of the night air, my already tensed body made it a fight for every breath with each step I took. My vision began to blur a little and that's when I started to "see things". The garish yellow light emanating from the flourescent lights throughout the structure weren't helping. "Wasn't there someone standing at that rail?" "What is that behind that pillar?" "What's lying around this corner?" My already numb hands were growing wet with a cold sweat. I can't let my imagination run away from me. "There's nothing to be afraid of." I told myself as I ascended the final step, my black overfilled messenger back sliding off my shoulder to the ground as I reach into my pocket for my keys. As I crouch down to pick up my bag an overwhelming sense of uneasiness settles into my body. Through the corner of my eyes I see it. A large shape looming in front of me. Waiting to dissapper into the shadows as soon as I look up. "Enough!" I say to myself, trying to be brave even as my heart pounds in unison with the throbbing in my head. I reach into my bag to pull out the digital camera I had place in there a few days earlier. Even though I consider myself a skeptic in most cases, my memories of ghost hunters snapping pictures of "apparitions" permeated my thoughts. "I'll prove this is a bunch of BS!" I thought, my hands shaking from fear of the idea that I MIGHT see something. I took a quick, if not labored, breath and stood up quickly just in time to catch a glimpse of something.

The large shape of a large creature stood a few feet from me, yellow eyes staring at me with a menacing glow, a black stripe running between its eyes and down it's broad back. I pointed the camera and then...FLASH! The brightness of the flash lit the area, revealing the true colors of the yellow surroundings around me. The intensity of the flash left me temporarily blinded and when my eyes adjusted...nothing. The event lasted mere fractions of a second and ended just as quickly. The wind has died down and my body is no longer tense. Not one to tempt fate, I pick up my bag and jump into my car. The throbbing of my heart is now replaced with the relaxing hum of my engine. "I must be nuts!" I drive down the structure and leave the parking lot. I'm going home.

I never gave that night a second thought until today. I was pulling out some folders of paperwork in my bag and there it was. My camera. That tense feeling crept upon me once more. I check the camera. One shot taken. What did I capture? Although the logical part of me says, "it was just a bad migraine and nothing more", the curious side of me asks, "what if..." So I plug in my USB cable into the camera and it begins. "download images?" *click* "yes". Half a second later I'm looking at a thumbnail. It appears to be nothing more than a yellow and black blur. "Nothing." I tell myself. My body feeling cold as my heart begins to race. A slight throbbing building at the base of my skull. I'm just about to erase the file and put this nonsense to rest, but as they say, "curiosity killed the cat." ...MEOW. *click-click".

"Maybe I'm not crazy." "What will the full size photo reveal?" My heart feels like it's ready to jump out of my chest. My hands are cold and clammy as it clings motionless to the mouse. And then, the image reveals it's secret...

big ups to Triple777 aka BoeserBlick who inspired me to get a little creative!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Cmon folks, get psychotic! My prediction? It'll only get worse before it gets better...am I supposed to fear these cars now?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Hey that's pretty funny. But I take it your not one of us fortunate souls that get migrane headaches. They suck..big time.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I am one of those "fortunate souls". Had them as long as I can remember (my earliest memory is from preschool). I've been to different doctors since I was a pup since no one could figure out what was going on. You see, I have a strange combination of migraines and cluster headaches. So essentially I get migraines that start, end and start back up again and last for days. Trust me, I know how much they suck.

Anywho, I guess Joe killed the story time for everyone so I'll try to get some clean pictures today to post up. To make a long (if not somewhat imaginitive) story short, I got my car back from the shop a few weeks ago, everything came out great and I'm just happy to have her back.

To see why it was there in the first place;

In progress;

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Well I feel for ya. Atleast my migranes only come one at a time. My mother on the other hand gets the clusters like you..I consider myself lucky. What do you take for them..I use Imitrex.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last doctor I had gave me Imitrex too. It works OK but I can't keep popping a pill every time my migraine hits another wave. Excedrin washed down with some caffeine also helps. When I get a REALLY bad one, I'm pretty much immobilized for the day. I just hook myself up with a few ice packs, lock myself in a dark room, close my eyes, and wait until morning. :(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I've found that if you take the Imitrex with one excedrine that it seems to work quicker.

Also, if you get clusters it sounds like maybe you'd be a canidate for the Imitrex Shot. It's a little vile that kinda looks like the ones that you would use to take a blood sample. Exceptit injects the Imitrex into your bloodstream via somewhere on your arm..etc. A friend of mine uses it and he says it goes to work immediately.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Creative writing

You really had me going there....! Have you considered creative writing as a hobby? A few more words and you could have submitted that to Harper's. :) The "beast" you describe...does it feed on premium octane?

Nice work. :D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cuz it started out as a post regarding my B5.
I may just start a new post with updated pics and let this one get buried.
R.I.P.

-Gene

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
your roof looks black in the first picture... is it?

I'm sorry but i love these bed time stories. Good write up, i think like it better than blicks, although he gets a 'A' for originality.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the compliments. I guess that one semester of creative writing wasn't a waste after all. I noticed I have quite a few typos in there. Oh well.

I must admit that I wasn't even going to write the story. After I tried taking a picture of the ride at work (late night, work, cold and migraine the only things not made-up) the picture in the first post was one of the ones that showed up. It just reminded me of one of those "caught on film" apparition/monster photos you see on tv. Taking inspiration from Joe-777-Boeser's story, Ihad to write a story to fit the picture.

Unfortunately, the night pics I did take didn't come out too well so I have to re-shoot some daylight pics. Here's what I got trying to use ambient light for exposure. (no tripod)

-Gene

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A compliment from the master! :bow:

So you really liked it huh?
Got any job openings? :p