Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my wagon today! It is SOoOooOOo awesome! :lol: Can't stop smiling even after the 6 hour trek up to san francisco.

the wagon feels really solid, the navi is WAY better and 10000000000 times more user friendly than the old one, the seats are uber comfy, i love the button on the hatch that closes it, I :heart: satellite radio (Esp in the middle of no where), AFS rules!, dynaudio... mmmm sounds great, the 18s.. all i have to say is pics don't do these wheels justice, the sports suspension is a perfect drop, ummm I think that's it :p

wow that was one long run on sentence.

it was a long day. I have to give props to McKenna in Norwalk. This car was originally supposed to get here at the end of the month/early jan but I told them I wanted the car so I could leave my B5.5 in SF(giving it to my little brother) and if i got the b6 in time i didn't have to make two trips up. They worked hard to get the car in this morning at 730am, got everything done and I had the car by noon. It was a pleasure working with them.

I shall take pics tomorrow, it's kinda gloomy outside and it was tiring trying to fit both cars in the garage.. (i live in san francisco with the tall skinny houses) to say the least it didn't work and the b5.5 is now living outside :(

:bowdown: i love this car!

edit: pictures!

awww nose looks so sad :(

so i officially present to you all... SNOTROCKET! hehehe

if you've been around cb5 for a while... you'll get it :p

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
sweet! My bro-in-law has those samarkands on his 3.6 UG variant, you're right- it looks great sitting on that sport suspension. And the sport seat are SO much better than anything that came (US Spec...) in a B5(.5)...

congrats!

·
Registered
575 Posts
congrats! the sport pkg is AWESOME!

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
am I the only one that thinks the tires look a tad stretched from the factory?????? noise!!!

now you need somt PHAT 20s with mad lip and a real drop. ;)

man o man what I could do with a hatch that big......

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
am I the only one that thinks the tires look a tad stretched from the factory?????? noise!!!

now you need somt PHAT 20s with mad lip and a real drop. ;)

man o man what I could do with a hatch that big......
hhahaha paul, you're not coming anywhere near my wagon! :) dynaudio is good enough for me

jacek came to see my wagon today! and to pick up my wheels :p

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
hhahaha paul, you're not coming anywhere near my wagon! :) dynaudio is good enough for me

jacek came to see my wagon today! and to pick up my wheels :p
I can't fault you for staying with Dyn. All my top end drivers are Dyn too....but mine were free. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'd be more worried about me whoring your wheels. The CR7s were only on the car a week. :rolleyes:

I KNEW Jacek was making stuff up when he said he didn't have the money for the CR7s. He's been lusting for your wheels forever. :lol::lol::lol:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
mmmm...i can finally see the pics now! very nice!

does the steering wheel have perforated leather? and does the phone button do anything?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no the steering wheel is not perforated leather. the phone button doesn't do anything booo but you can get a kit and eventually it would work.

after a day of driving around sf with the wagon I do have to say what an improvement over the b5.5 maybe i'm just sold on all the cool stuff in there! the memory seats are really nice (the sport seat part of it is okay too.. just kidding I LOVE THEM!) it's nice to be able to switch drivers and just press a button and stuff goes to the right spot.

my 92 year old grandpa was telling me how to adjust the seat, a little higher, a lil back PERFECT! then he fell asleep in them! I guess I got his approval:lol:

bixenons with AFS... i must say WOW. I didn't think i'd notice the moving on the lights but it's really cool! when you turn a corner there's another light that comes from the side of the headlight so the curb is visible... so i guess you don't clip the curb from making too tight of a turn. I'm impressed.

the navi instructions on the MFD... very very helpful. it also has this bar that helps you gauge how much longer before you do have to make that turn and includes street names too! very big improvement from my b5.5 and just lines on the screen :p

and dynaudio is so crisp... it makes it sound like you're in some kind of showroom for the equipment. hard to explain but it's a vast improvement over monsoon.

oh yah and the power liftgate... i giggle everytime i get to open the hatch :lol:

paul: who wouldn't want the borbets! they're BEAUTIFUL! i would've kept them if i'm not giving my brother the b5.5... 18s on a car driven by a 17 year old boy in san francisco... big no no. Couldn't stand to see them get hurt but i have to say the samarkands are a remarkable wheel

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
have you found yourself like weaving like a drunk driver down a dark road just to see the AFS in action? It's almost more distracting with those things, as i find myself watching the headlights do their thing more than what they're lighting up!

Now can you figure out exactly what type of turn causes the corner lights to light up?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts