Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temps over 50...it was time to play!

I'm waiting on the shocks and sway bars to get here for Phase II. The Springs have already shown up...they're lonely. 8)
Michael

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XedoS69 said:
lookin' good, now you have to paint the lower valences to get even better effect :thumbup:
I know. I've been looking for someone in my area that I'd trust to do the job. I sse so many Ricey cars running around here with peeling chipping paint on their addons, that I'm getting worried. I don't want to have to move to CA just to get my worked on! LOL 8)

BTW, I got a wild hair up my a$$ tonight at 10pm and debadged the B5. My hands were numb (36 degrees) but i got it done. Threw on some Zymol and it looks sweet! Can't wait to see it in the mornin! (supposed to rain/snow tomorrow-yuck :p )

Michael

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Definitely a nice change.

Which grill is that, Kamei right? Is it metal or plastic? Is it painted black?

It has always amazed me how a simple grill replacement can really improve the looks of the car. My OEM grill has a small crack, so this Spring it may be time....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the Kamei grill. It's a nice powder-coated metal grill! I thought by the pics that there was some plastic, but all metal!
Later,
Michael

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I actually prefer the regular grille to the Kamei. But you definately did a nice job.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dammit,

I wish I had enough spare dough to get one of those. Spike 2k is driving my car. I don't remember having dice on the mirror.

Jonathan

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it and where you got it? I'm thinking of doing the same for my '01. Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xpress1.8t said:
You should cut the plastic bars that you can see thru the grille, its really easy, and it makes it look a lot better.... thats what I did
Cutting anything makes me uneasy :nervous:
I was thinking of just painting them flat black.

Michael

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
hwmike said:
xpress1.8t said:
You should cut the plastic bars that you can see thru the grille, its really easy, and it makes it look a lot better.... thats what I did
Cutting anything makes me uneasy :nervous:
I was thinking of just painting them flat black.

Michael
Dont worry they are just plastic bars :lol:
Grille looks awesome :bow:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing