Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouch...
Was making a left turn into 2 lanes that merged. I was already in front of the Civic and I noticed he started to speed up. I really didn't feel being stuck behind anyone so I gassed it. The driver in the Civic didn't back down... we were side by side for a good 1/6 mile, but in the end i started to fade. Then, brake as another light was approaching, me... being behind... the Civic.

I did have a full car... which is about an extra 500 pounds, but I'm motivated to get my car chipped a little earlier than expected...

Found these...
http://www.car-videos.net/performance/view.asp?ID1=250&ID2=270

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
why put yourself in that situation ?:hmmm: :crazy:

i guess people really think all civics have stock motors and just a loud muffler don't you know they can put in a 220hp Type R jdm motor in it and run 13 seconds on a 1/4 mile ............ just because its a civic dont sleep on it ;) ..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Its true there is some really fast civics out there, but a plain jane civic is going to give a 1.8t tiptronic a definate run for its money. Especially with the extra weight. Civic might only have 115hp, but they weigh 2600 where we have 150-170, but weigh 3300?

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
Turn in your keys and change your name to "girlypassatdriver" for this shame.

Maybe you should have hit him with your purse when he passed you.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
what's causing PW to be full of boy racers all of a sudden?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Not sure what year Passat the OP has but it could be because the B5's and older 5.5's are becoming more affordable to the "younger crowd" and to parents who want to buy a car for their kids. This might be a sign of things to come...More and more posts about racing. :puke:

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
We just celebrated the 10yr anniversary of the Passat B5. They're safe cars that can be had on the cheap - exactly what any parent wants for their child's first car. Oh, and it has a TURBO! Whoo hoo!

See how this can be a bad combination?

Edit: Dammit Jeb.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You call that a race? He was trying to stay in head for the merge 1/6 of a mile (8 seconds?) in head of him.

He already had a car length and some Honduh was trying to be an ass and pass him.

I would've done the same thing. Guess that makes me a "street racer" too. haha.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,711 Posts
its all about being young with a nice car thats affordable, its not meant to be raced just ask scirocco78, a passat is no race car :poke:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.