Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and decided to deaden my doors. Enjoy.

The door with the internals removed and degreased. I found a crossthreaded bolt for the door latch mechanism from the fatory too. I wonder if I can re-tap it???

Dynamat Extreme applied

Dynamat TAC Mat applied

Dynamat Dynaxorb damping pads applied

The back of the door panel and the front of the regulator were already deadened.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sweat, I can just take a hop to McGuire. :D:D:D:D

Actually, with Herman's EXCELLENT write-up on the regulator removal it was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Looks good! What does the TAC mat do compared to the dynamat extreme, I've never heard of it? Regardless great job, I wish I could randomly work on my car, but its to cold:( .

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! What does the TAC mat do compared to the dynamat extreme, I've never heard of it? Regardless great job, I wish I could randomly work on my car, but its to cold:( .
The TAC Mat is supposed to absorb sound, like closed cell foam and apparently adds some heat shielding as well. The Dynaxorb pads deflect sound so at higher volumes the sound doesn't come back through the speaker.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dam..how much extra weight does that add :/

your gonna lose your precious horsies ;(

An ENTIRE bulk pack of Extreme only weights 44 pounds and there are 8 sheets in a bulk pack. I only used one sheet per door. TAC Mat weighs next to nothing. Literally, MAYBE 2 pounds for the entire roll. Then we have 4 pieces of 1/4" thick rubber. All in all I think I added 5 or 6 pounds per door. That's a big dump. :lol:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Quality, what do you think of Edead? Is it good/bad?

I was looking to use it in my wagon to save some money.

I would like to do the doors, but the Texas heat may kill the adhesive.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quality, what do you think of Edead? Is it good/bad?

I was looking to use it in my wagon to save some money.

I would like to do the doors, but the Texas heat may kill the adhesive.
I've never used eDead so I can't say. Dynamat Extreme will NEVER come off. All it really is is formed urethane with a metal coating on one side. They hotter it gets the better is sticks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts