Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry I dont spend as much time on cb5 as I used to so I'm not sure if this is a repost or not but here it is anyways:

my quest to make the most euro spec passat in the us has ended. This guy on tdi club takes the cake by a long shot. To sum it up he baught a US-spec b5 4 motion wagon, and he pretty much imported a complete euro-sped 2.5 v6 tdi 6spd manual 4-motion, minus the shell.

heres the forum dedicated to this whole project on TDIclub.

the install:

all finished up:

I would like to thanks macabre for his No External Image Links defeater. :bow:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from what I read the guy spend 10,000 on everything, which is not too bad IMO.

hes trying to build a passat equipped with every european option that was available for the passat in that year.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
HOLY FVCK! Torque machine! He better tune that bad boy! A maxed out 2.5 TDi is a sick dream of mine. I want like 400lb/ft of torrrrrque... :cry:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
julianfang said:
OMG - it's finished? I remembered when the crate and engine pics were posted up a while ago. :shock: :thumbup:
Yeah, I remember seeing the pics of the creates in a past post and for I while, I thot it was a hoax ... awesome! :shock:

b5-turbonium said:
from what I read the guy spend 10,000 on everything, which is not too bad IMO.
I agree.

Now a Wett chip from Kelly and this beast will be smokin' (not literally, of course :D )

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
damn, that's some nice work.... :thumbup: to them
I guess the only draw back is parts availability, and getting them when you need them.

·
Registered
486 Posts
His name is SVTWEB. He's a member here and posts here on occasion since he bought a used 01 passat for this project. He is also the one that pioneered the OEM MFD Navigation units in the US. He is definitely automotive genius at its best.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.