Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it! I've performed my first " real " mod to my car. Yesterday I installed my bilstein sport shocks and neuspeed sport springs on my V6 B5.5. Man, what a difference! The car looks so damn sexy just sitting there, hunkered down over its wheels :lol: I decided to set the snap ring on the front shocks on the very last groove and I'm happy that I did. I wanted a bit of a rake to it, and it looks just about perfect. No, it wasn't exactly an easy install ( well, the back wasn't bad ) but after doing it once now, I think I could do it again no problem. And finally, the handling......oh the handling. The difference is like night and day....the car feels so much more taught, like its ready for anything. I was expecting a much harsher ride after hearing different comments about this set up from other fellow B5ers, but its really not that bad. I feels firm, but somewhat forgiving yet. It is a little bouncy, but not in a sense that if keeps bouncing up and down....it just seems a little fast to rebound, but after it does, thats it, theres no more movement after hitting a bump....no " pogo " effect at all. And now I can take turns so much faster than I could before. The car handles nice and flat now, with just a hint of body roll, which truthfully, may be more from the stock tires I have on it than anything. Nothing a set of new sway bars wont fix anyways :lol: So, anyways, I just wanted to say that I whole heartedly recommend this mod to anyone, whether your single and in your 20's or your in your 40's and have a family, this setup will totally change the personality of your car and I think you would be very happy with it.[/url]

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will once my brother fixes the computer and reformats it...or whatever he said he had to do with it (sorry, I'm a little computer illiterate) and get rid of the virus it has. Regretfully, I forgot to take before and after measurements, but visually its quite a difference. My only worry is getting the thing on an alignment rack and whether I'm gonna be plowing snow with it this winter. I think next up will be a cat back system and one of Chas' new subframe braces/tranny stabilizer once he finalizes everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts