Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I cut my MAFS snorkel down a few months ago and it screwed up my mpg calculator on my trip computer. I'd like to undo this little misadventure. Is there a part number for the snorkel or do I have to buy a whole new airbox. If so, who has one for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I can't help you out with the part #, but the snorkel comes with the MAF sensor as one part. I don't know if you can buy just the snorkel without the MAF unless someone has a spare lying around and is willing to sell it.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,664 Posts
How/why do you think it screwed up your mpg calculation?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a 99 AEB. I haven't replaced my MAFS yet so maybe I'll get a replacement if it comes with the snorkel.

I have no idea why this would mess up my mpg calculation but it after I did it the trip computer says I'm getting 38 mpg and unfortunately I'm not. I think I'll buy a new MAFS/snorkel tomorrow and see if that changes it back.

Anyone have a snorkel gathering dust?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just looking at buying MAFS online and it doesn't look like it comes with the snorkel, can anyone confirm that it does/doesn't.

This is what I'm after

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.