Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my EVO DV in the mail today and was going to wait till the weekend to install it but I thought what the hell. Everything went fine, it was a bit of a bitch getting the old one off as there isn't much room for hands under there but I managed ok.
What took the longest was getting the stupid pan cover back on, I broke off 2 of the tabs as I thought they were normal screws (when taking it off) and not these wierd half turn screw things, oh well. But damn I was almost ready to chuck the damn thing!! :mad: Not to mention that it's covered in road grime and oil so you get totaly covered in crap putting it back.

I'm sure it's not so bad once you've done it a couple times from oil changes etc. Anyway....can't wait for the boost gauge to come in and K&N filter too. Then I'll start on getting it lowered ready for some new wheels. :D

Take care all and safe driving :wink:
Simon.

p.s, why doesn't my sig show? I have it set to show on my profile :???:

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The EVO DV didn't come with ANY instructions what so ever. It was wrapped in clear film in two postage bags (very ebayish imho). But it was a no brainer to install so I can see why they wouldn't include that. But I haven't read anywhere about it needing to be oiled?? :???:

No it's no chiped yet, it's on my list for the very near future.
It seems to run smoother with the EVO DV, shifting, and the general "feel" of when the boost kicks in. But I think it's deffinately more for peice of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.