Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new here but iv been searching so long for a answer.My passat 3bg/5b 2002 1.9tdi 74kw with auto trans.the car jumps shakes like mad even the wiperblades jump from the windshield when im driving it between 50-70km/h between 1700-2000rpm it.feels like it cant decide whitch gear to shift so it just starts bouncing all over.I cant find in the service manual that the trans oil has ever been changed.The car has 245000km tires new turbo redone at 178000km many new arm bushings and those things cv joints boots evrything but still not fixed the jump isusse.Sorry for a long text but please help!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Do you have a check engine light? Is the bump clearly associated with a gear shift, and not just acceleration/deceleration?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No check engine light.i dont really know when i accelerate it goes away only when im crusing or going uphill it stars to do it

·
Administrator
23,414 Posts
Is it shifting in and out of gear or shifting from one to another gear back and forth? Have it scanned for transmission codes. You'll need something like Carista or OBDeleven app with a bluetooth or wifi OBD scanner to do it if you don't have VCDS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It stays in one gear but it fells like it fighting shoud it change or not.Its been scanned not a single code.Btw last week temp gauge died and brakes have left me too they dont break anyone 😔 this car is going to kill me

·
Administrator
23,414 Posts
Temp gauge is probably the coolant temp sensor at the back of the head. It can fail like that without affecting driveability. It provides a signal to the ECU and cluster separately.

You scanned the transmission control module for codes? You may have to monitor the trans via VCDS to see if it may be the torque converter failing to stay locked up. That can cause a fluctuation in RPMs, but I don't think it would cause the vibration you are experiencing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:transmission still shit,temp gauge sensor dead,about breaks air in ABS and those stuff and new problem under driver seat pool of water.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Update:transmission still shit,temp gauge sensor dead,about breaks air in ABS and those stuff and new problem under driver seat pool of water.
Just read this thread for the first time.
That water underneath your drivers seat means you're getting water ingress, either from the drivers side door, from the sunroof or the battery tray area.
I don't know what country your in and what side your drivers seat is on, but their is a Comfort Control Module under the seat on the left side and a Transmission Control Module under the seat on the right side.
You need to pull back the carpet to see what kind of condition your modules are in. The Comfort Module when it gets wet or submerged in water will cause all kinds of strange behavior limited to inside the car.
The Transmission Module if submerged or comprised with moisture can cause all kinds of problems with the transmission.

To solve the water ingress problem, inspect these areas...
1) The battery area. There is a drain in the center of the battery cowl, make sure that is clear of debris.
If obstructed, the battery tray cowl can fill up with water and run through the firewall behind the master brake cylinder vacuum booster and or through the ECU box.
2) Sunroof drains. The sunroof has drains in each of the 4 corners of the sunroof, the front ones drain into the front door jambs just above the upper front door hinge. There is a rubber nipple that needs be checked for debris. The fix for those nipples is to cut off the end of the nipple so it can ALWAYS drain. If the drain tube is clogged, running a somewhat flexible coat hanger up the drain tube can help clear out debris.
3) The doors. Make sure the door/window regulator panel is sealed up properly to prevent water from entering behind the interior door panel (plastic panel inside car).

Here is further reading on the topic.
water ingress issues
A search of 'water ingress' will also provide you with endless valuable information.

You should really find a way to scan this car and post up the codes so we can help you quicker/easier.

I will say this, you're in the right forum. The people and knowledge here in this forum is second to none.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to change the trans fluid and it's filter. If there are any metal pieces in the fluid or on the pan magnets then you have a mechanical failure. A slight sheen in the fluid is normal. A slight bit of sludge bit on the magnets is also pretty normal.

There are very specific steps in changing the fluid and if they are not followed you won't have enough fluid.

Make sure your tires tread is in good condition, are balanced correctly and have the correct PSI.

As far as the wet carpets. Follow what Andreas Passat posted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Left side stering.And i will post some future updates for now cant do anything since the car drained my wallet and with minimun wages cant do it right now maybe only the stuff with cleaning water channels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts