Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my Eibach Pro-System with Neuspeed Sport Springs and Dampers.

Here are some pictures of the front Eibach dampers as they were returned to me by the shop that installed everything:

I guess my question is, when I sell them to another lucky Clubb5er, am I missing any parts? I see the little bumps towards the top of the shock shaft where it looks like a springs perch goes on - do you just re-use the stock one when installing the Eibach system?

Sorry for being so dumb. :oops:

If you are interestd, PM me. I am selling the entire Eibach Pro-System (springs and dampers) that fits a 1999 - 2004 1.8T sedan (exluding the new 2004 1.8T 4Motion). Asking $450 plus shipping. System is less than five months old and has about 5,500 miles on it. Rides perfectly and very comfortably.

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
You are missing the Eibach spring seats. They should have come with the Pro-System.
They will work fine if you have the low-vin perch plates (1998-early2000).

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PZ said:
You are missing the Eibach spring seats. They should have come with the Pro-System.
They will work fine if you have the low-vin perch plates (1998-early2000).
It's the weekend and I can't really call the shop that installed them, but I am now confused.

The Neuspeed system that replaced the Eibach system did not come with any springs seats; just the "naked" struts and springs. So what would I have done if I had stock suspension? Used the stock spring seats? Can't you just use the stock spring seats on these Eibach dampers (since both the stock and Eibach dampers and made by Sachs)?

These were on a 2003 Passat and I would hate to limit the sale of these to just a couple years worth of Passat owners.

:???:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please, someone help me out here.

I want to sell my Eibach system and am not sure how to list it. Obviously everything works great and is in perfect condition, but since my shop re-used the Eibach spring seats I am not sure how to sell the Eibach system.

I have the Eibach springs, matching Eibach (Sachs) struts, and Eibach bumpstops. The front struts are just bare.

So if you received this system, could you re-use the stock spring seats on the Eibach struts? I examined them and both the Eibach and stock sturts are made by Sachs and the seat looks interchangable. Otherwise, where would one get Eibach spring seats for the system?

Do you see what I am confused about?? :p :???:

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
What happened to your stock suspension when the Eibachs were installed? There should have been perches left over.
They will fit on the Eibachs,but they do not hang down as much as the ones that came with the Eibachs. Low-vin perches are available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts