Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup you read right, i went over a man hole today ! ripped a hole the size of a golf ball in the oil pan, and it looks like a machine gun went off on my tranny pan ! if you guys know where i can find both of these parts asap please drop me an E-mail . I cannot afford to have downtime with my baby.. thanks again

Nick

P.S 1999 B5 Tiptronic AEB engine

·
Registered
333 Posts
You should have a mechanic to check if there is an extensive damage. Get a police report and file a complaint to the city....

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The belly pan does minimal work to protect these parts if its a man size pothole...

Get a mechanic to check it out - make sure its only those 2 pans and nothing wrong w/ your engine framework otherwise. Touch-wood, but in case...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The belly pan is a piece of plastic ! I don't know any plactic strong enough to keep the aluminum pans from cracking .
I just took the transmission one down, Damn my mineral fluid was Dark and grey. I guess this is god's way of saying Change this already. Um... Any ideas guys ? thanks again

nick

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn you guys are making me want to change it back to what it was before, just don't wanna get in trouble on this site ! :roll:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OH I also checked out everything, Everything seems to be fine, It's just the aluminum pans that are damaged. I do all of the work on my car myself, don't really trust any of the stealerships, for the mear fact that they work in teams of 3 people to fix one thing, yet i can do it by myself. You know what i mean? THey suck ! :nervous:

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
a freind of mine hit one that shot the lid up nito his engine bay ( kinda of a seasaw thing)

he filed a suit agenst the county ( they are responsible for roads) and he got all the repairs for free

i would take it to a mechanic and get a rental car becuase your baby is probably going to be down for a few days)

check the frame and wheel alinment too

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry to hear that .... The roads in NYC absolutely SUCK :mad: .... Where was the manhole ... just so I know to avoid it. I am planing on getting new wheels for my car, but I am affraid that they will get trashed in no time. Maybe I'll make a compromise and get only 16" or 17" ...

Alex

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
crash893 said:
a freind of mine hit one that shot the lid up nito his engine bay ( kinda of a seasaw thing)

he filed a suit agenst the county ( they are responsible for roads) and he got all the repairs for free
If anyone wants/needs it, I have the claim form as a PDF file. PM me your email addy and I'll send it over.

Andy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh i was born and raised here. I have a shop a few blocks from where i hit the Freakin thing ! Good new guys.. i'm almost finished fixing the transmission pan. i had it re-done by the LIRR . Yup that's right the LIRR, Lets just say i have a few friends in the machine shop. My Pan looks better than new.. I'm gonna go re-install it now, i'm just worried about getting the fluid into the car. I think i need a special pump to do it. Any ideas? thanks :poke:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
DuttyB5nyc said:
Oh i was born and raised here. I have a shop a few blocks from where i hit the Freakin thing ! Good new guys.. i'm almost finished fixing the transmission pan. i had it re-done by the LIRR . Yup that's right the LIRR, Lets just say i have a few friends in the machine shop. My Pan looks better than new.. I'm gonna go re-install it now, i'm just worried about getting the fluid into the car. I think i need a special pump to do it. Any ideas? thanks :poke:
Are you having this work done on one of the train bays at the Hillside Facility??? :wink:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE on The Pot Hole situation

Yea.. kinda.. it's the one that runs parallel to Atlantic ave :weirdo:

UPDATE: I finished everything.. It's about 3:30 am. i used the redline D4 atf that was posted on B5. I didn't drive it much, but the test around the block felt tighter! i mean the shifts were more crisp, i kinda liked it?!? maybe i'm a bit to tired to figure anything out. Anyways will keep you guys posted

nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
DuttyB5nyc
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing