Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Fore!
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my PES supercharger this weekend. It was quite a bear of a job, but so far (knock on wood, fingers crossed) everything seems to be running fine. Haven't opened it up yet. I'm going to give it a while for the ECU to adapt and make sure no fittings loosen up.

Also replaced my coolant temperature sender in the process. Its a hell of a lot easier when you remove everything overlying it (vac hoses, solenoids, TB, etc)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: we want pics..we want pics..we want...!!!!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
"This thread is worthless without pics"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats

Rich :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I want to see this thing, but i want to hear a sound clip most of all. I've never hear of supercharged B5, i want to hear the whinning.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Congrats, and good job on the install.
So, where did you buy it, group buy, or did you find a good price somewhere else?
Are you 4Mo or fwd? Manual or auto?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
merk20VT said:
I want to see this thing, but i want to hear a sound clip most of all. I've never hear of supercharged B5, i want to hear the whinning.
You can hear alot of whining in a few places too **cough** "tex" *cough**

·
Registered
591 Posts
Der Meister said:
Congrats, and good job on the install.
So, where did you buy it, group buy, or did you find a good price somewhere else?
Are you 4Mo or fwd? Manual or auto?
FYI- I believe he has a FWD V6 GLX--Not sure if it's a Tip or Manual.

Curious, do we know of anybody else who has a Manual V6 with a charger installed?

·
Registered
131 Posts
:thumbup: Can you post some pictures? I'd love to see them! :)

A bit of hijck (sorry) but does the PES SC kit also fit B5.5 (or B5 only)? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
NYC4ever said:
I installed my PES supercharger this weekend. It was quite a bear of a job, but so far (knock on wood, fingers crossed) everything seems to be running fine. Haven't opened it up yet. I'm going to give it a while for the ECU to adapt and make sure no fittings loosen up.

Also replaced my coolant temperature sender in the process. Its a hell of a lot easier when you remove everything overlying it (vac hoses, solenoids, TB, etc)
First off I would like to :bow: :bow: at the fact you did the install yourself!!!!! Second I would like to say "you lucky Son-of-a-gun!". I have wanted one of those since they came out for our V6's, but sadly have not had the money for it. I can't wait to see pictures/dyno results. Enjoy that baby for me :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
lipper said:
FYI- I believe he has a FWD V6 GLX--Not sure if it's a Tip or Manual.

Curious, do we know of anybody else who has a Manual V6 with a charger installed?
Congrats on the s/c :D

I've got a manual with a charger, and if I had to bet I'd put money that he does too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts