·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thats great!!! I checked the registry and I think there's only like 13 of our color thats 5 speed 1.8t & 4mo. Got any pics?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next week starts the M&M (Madness & Mods) Stay tuned people, This is gonna be really interesting!!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to your mods as I think there is a lot of potential in a 1.8T 4 Motion.
Thanks bro, I don't know if I'm gonna go a little heavy with the engine setup just yet because it really doesnt make sense me having 2 high horsepower cars, So I might just pretty up the Passat and see were it leads me, Once again thanks and stick around for the updates coming really soon!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks bro, I don't know if I'm gonna go a little heavy with the engine setup just yet because it really doesnt make sense me having 2 high horsepower cars, So I might just pretty up the Passat and see were it leads me, Once again thanks and stick around for the updates coming really soon!!
I currently own a 1.8T 4 Motion wagon but with auto transmission so I'm really not interested in "souping" it up. It's a satisfactory daily driver and brilliant in the snow, and it only cost $600 so I can't complain. I am however going to look at another 1.8T 4 motion wagon with a 5 sp and if I purchase it then I would seriously consider doing something to it. (after I sort out whatever invariably need sorting out)

I don't have a lot of experience but I believe that a 1.8T engine is very good if it was well maintained , so having said that I think subtle mods such as a Malone 1.5 tune, fatter tires and maybe even a little exhaust work would do a lot towards making the vehicle more interesting.. actually the sky's the limit. Have fun.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You hit it dead on the nail hughc , as far as engine mods, Just a exhaust tune and MAYBE a K04 (Because I have one sitting on the shelf) Other than that, It's gonna be rims minor drop and tasteful interior/exterior mods! BTW A 4mo 1.8t Auto might be on the hit list for the wife just in case she wants to get too comfortable with this one, LOL

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
If I had a K04 sitting on the shelf, there would be no MAYBE, it would be installed.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I had a K04 sitting on the shelf, there would be no MAYBE, it would be installed.

Lol, Yeah I hear yah bro, I'm not really chasing speed with this one, VERY minor performance mods, but more of a nice looking DD

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
Not so much speed as good torque. It just feels nice to step on the pedal without having to downshift. Then again, I have not even chipped my engine yet! With any luck the FMIC, CCT, powergasket, new dipstick, new PCV and trans mounts go in this weekend. Once the CEL is gone from the CCT, I can get it chipped. Then eventually I will fix the exhaust (stock FWD 1.8T downpipe patched to the V6 duals for now).

Reactions: benzivr6

·
Registered
216 Posts
can you tell me the breakdown on your old wagons exhaust? looks like W8 mufflers back there. how did it sound? i have a pes charged 4MO and was wondering about eliminating cats and maybe getting some exhaust work done.

thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That looks very nice! Do you know what they polished the intake manifold with? your wagon looks awesome but the 4mo is equally as awesome. my next car is going to be a B5.5 wagon when I fix my B5 and save up money to buy a newer one.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can you tell me the breakdown on your old wagons exhaust? looks like W8 mufflers back there. how did it sound? i have a pes charged 4MO and was wondering about eliminating cats and maybe getting some exhaust work done.

thanks.
Sorry I don't have any exhaust sound clips of my old v6 wagon but I eliminated the resonator and those tips are from a 90's Cadillac STS, They will also fit if you install a w8 wagon rear bumper or you could just carefully cut it out, The sound was not too loud at all, Very mello deep tone.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
That looks very nice! Do you know what they polished the intake manifold with? your wagon looks awesome but the 4mo is equally as awesome. my next car is going to be a B5.5 wagon when I fix my B5 and save up money to buy a newer one.
Thanks for the compliment bro, I used a rotary air tool and 3M medium & very fine 2" roloc disc to get out the OEM ruff finish and then I hand sand polished it with 600 grit, 1000 grit 1500 grit (wet & dry sanding) and finally 2500 grit sandpaper, after the last 2500 grit which I wet sanded 2500 grit about 30 mins straight finally got it smooth with a slight mirror finish and then I used Mother's billet aluminum polish for a final finish. I would say a total of about 7-8 hours on work was put into it but at the end it was worth it, It's far from perfect but I settle for the results

1 - 20 of 93 Posts