Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home tonight and noticed all the lights on my HVAC controls (manual) were out. The rest of the dash lights are working fine, so I wouldn't think it was a blown fuse. The controls themselves are working fine. Any ideas what could be going wrong? I've got a Euroswitch, I'm going to swap back to my stock switch and see if that changes anything, but I've not messed with anything electrical in some time and it just started tonight. Strange, but it is a VW ;)

Edit: Stock headlight switch didn't change anything.

·
Registered
300 Posts
There's one bulb for all three switches.. s'probably burnt out. There's a write-up in the Info section on replacing it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Electrical gremlin--
When I got in the car this morning, no lights. Then about 15 or so miles into my 45 mile commute, I looked down to adjust the heat and poof, the lights were back on.

:hmmm:

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Just means it's getting ready to go completely. Mine did that when I adjusted the fan speed for about two weeks. Now it's out totally. Just too lazy to go get another bulb.
Probably get it this week since I noticed one of my fogs is out too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem, blame a phantom in my car. Go out, from either adjust fan speed. Then with a little tapping around the fan speed control or on the center of the knob they'll come back on. I figure it might be the bulb going or a short somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts