Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, search wasn't helping. The bulb(s) behind the HVAC are out. I believe it is behind one of the knobs and it illuminates everything. Does anyone have any info on this? Is the part number on the bulb 3BO-919-243A (got that out of the info section for vents)?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
HVAC, haha, funny way to describe AC. You can call liberty up and ask them about it, they should be able to hook you up price wise...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which knob is the bulb behind? I know they're a bear to get off so I want to pull the correct one.

Thanx

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
MikeVW said:
Which knob is the bulb behind? I know they're a bear to get off so I want to pull the correct one.

Thanx
The center, fan speed control knob.

They aren't a bear, though. Get a pair of pliers and a rag, grab on with the pliers while using the rag to keep from hurting the plastic knob, and pull straight out.

Get the bulb out, and replace it.

The end.

The slot for the bulb is vertical, not horizontal.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx Sharky. I owe you 2 now. Got the CD Changer put in the NB. Had to take the adaptor off the plug that was in the center console. Fits nice. Dam* system sounds better than my Passat.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I know that's what it is called... I just haven't heard it used that often... usually people just refer to it as "AC". Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning is a bit more long winded...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts