Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Good job! :thumbup: First inductee into a B6 Info Forum perhaps? Whaddaya say Mods?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just sold my 2001 B5 and I got a 2006 B6 a month ago. I am due for an oil change in a month and I was just curious if it was messy without using the T40057 oil drain tool.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Without the tool, it is no big deal. I put the car on ramps and remove the bottom plate. Unscrew the filter housing cap which exposes the oil filter drain plug. If you push this plug in and to the side, it locks into place and you drain the oil filter housing oil. Push it in and to the center closes it. Just remember to put a pan under it for the oil. From there, remove the filter housing, change the filter and "O" ring, and replace it. Drain the oil from the pan, put in fresh oil and you are done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Without the tool, it is no big deal. I put the car on ramps and remove the bottom plate. Unscrew the filter housing cap which exposes the oil filter drain plug. If you push this plug in and to the side, it locks into place and you drain the oil filter housing oil. Push it in and to the center closes it. Just remember to put a pan under it for the oil. From there, remove the filter housing, change the filter and "O" ring, and replace it. Drain the oil from the pan, put in fresh oil and you are done.
Exactly what I do, no point in buying the tool as to there is no messy spills....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's my Oil Filter Canister service steps:

1) Remove the old O-Ring from the Oil Filter Canister.

2) Thoroughly clean the empty Oil Filter Cansister.

4) Put the new Filter into the Canister.

3) Put the new O-Ring into the Canister.

3) Pour some fresh oil to the Canister...easy does it, not too much.;)

4) Re-install Filter Canister.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'll do my oil change saturday and I'll take detailed pictures for everyone :thumbup:

PS: i wont use the Matra oil drain toolk I'll buy it next time arround! (I'll shoot for 7.5K miles intervals, in between Manufactor's Suggested and my personal belief that It shouldnt exeed 5k miles (even thou 5K miles for me is only 2 months!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts